travertine tiles on floorboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
you will get more movement between individual floor boards due to foot traffic and expansion and contraction than you will with large sheets, regardless of how they are screwed down. You will also get more thermal movement from a floorboard as it is a natural product with a grain running in one direction as opposed to aquapanel or ply. That means there will be a higher chance of the cracking and the adhesion failing. It may so you can on the packet, doesnt always mean it will give the best result.

Oh and before you ask...

SV500126.jpg
[/img]

Sponsored Links
Ask what? A Googled picture?

All you have to do is what it says on the product. That is the reason for using flexible adhesive - it flexes with movement.

If the back of the pack says screw the boards down - then screw the boards down.

If the product says that you cannot use it on floorbords - then don't use it. Use one that says you CAN use it on screwed down floorboards. It's not exactly rocket science is it?

I can see now why you are a gardener.

thanks moz. i did the whole fit of the kitchen and the tiling. It was a top market german jobbie. ;)

My works on the web for all to see joe. I make no bones about hiding it, because im proud of it. I think i also have some idea of what im talking about. The guy asked for some advice. Just because it says so on the packet doesnt mean its the best way of doing it, or best practice. Im sure youll carry on making yourself look an arse, its the one thing you are good at. :rolleyes:

Sponsored Links
Look. If it says the adhesive is flexible and is suitable for use on screwed-down floorboards - then guess what? It's suitable for use on screwed down floorboards.

That's why the back of the pack gives out product information.

It's not rocket science mate.

Just select the right product and off you go.

fine joe. you do it your way and ill do it mine. i know which one will last longer and look better

Thermo
You DONT need to explain yourself here to a troll ....:)
Im a Quality Professional bathroom fitter /tiler (now early retired sold my firm )an Ive forgotten more than that idiot knows ......

I post the best info I can here regarding tiling as do a lot of other trades lads for the benefit of the diyer ....
It just a pity he needs to spread rubbish/wrong info on boards confusing the diyer ....
thats why I wont get into it with him as it just *Feeds the Troll*

thread closed ..:)

What is your problem?

You choose the RIGHT product to do the job.

It tells you on the back of the pack whether the product is right or not.

I renovate properties for a living. I'm not a retired drunk or a landscape gardener.

Flexible adhesives have been available for donkey's years. They are made with a latex additive to account for expansion of the backing material.

A decent adhesive may be used on screwed down floorboards.

It tells you on the back of the pack whether it is suitable or not.

Are you Polish by any chance?

gcol said:
So what flexible adhesive do you use to lay tiles on floorboards Joe?

The type that says you can. Go out and take a look around.

Read the backs of the pack.

I'm guessing Joe is frantically searching on Google for an adhesive that says it can be used on floorboards.

If you've never heard of such products - you don't know your adhesives.

Better using the right adhesive and reducing the height of the tiles than sticking a load of ply down thus raising the height of the floor.

I thought as much :rolleyes: If you've used a product sucessfully, there should be no problem in you naming it. What's the problem? Have you actually tiled onto floorboards before Joe or are you just spouting off?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back