travertine tiles on floorboards

Status
Not open for further replies.
gcol said:
I thought as much :rolleyes: If you've used a product sucessfully, there should be no problem in you naming it. What's the problem? Have you actually tiled onto floorboards before Joe or are you just spouting off?

There are products available to tile straight over floorboards. Why don't you know this? Why are you hell-bent on using the wrong adhesive for the job?

Do a Google if you need to.

No-one wants a big step into their bathroom.

If the boards are too poor to tile over - remove them and replace with ply. If they are in good nick - then use the right adhesive.

Sponsored Links
Oh I know there're adhesives out there that say they can be used to tile onto floorboards - what I'm asking you is which have you used sucessfully? If you dodge the question again, I'm calling you a bullsh*tter.

What is your problem? You have obviously found that such products exist. made by all the main players. Why do you think they are telling lies about their products? If they didn't work - someone would have noticed by now.

Sponsored Links
You kept avoiding my question and I said that I would call you a bullsh*tter if you dodged it again (and I'm nothing if not true to my word). It wasn't a difficult question - if you have sucessfully used a product for this application, what's the name of it? What's your reason for not disclosing it - simple, because you haven't used it.

Both BAL and ARDEX make products that are suitable for fixing to tongue and grooved floorboards direct.

If you don't like that - then tough - take it up with their technical departments and tell them that Moz and Gcol sez they're wrong.

They could do with a laugh.

What is the point of telling you? You clearly aren't even aware that they exist.

Well if you know they exist - then you are clearly wrong.

Have a cup of tea and a nice slice of Humble Pie.

Thermo said:
SV500126.jpg

Nice job. Shame about the unsightly plumbing.

Yawn.
The fact is, you've never tiled (either sucessfully or not) onto floorboards or else you would have said straight away what you used. So you're spouting on about something you have no experience of.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back