Tricity Bendix WDR1242W

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All

My washing machine has been cutting out on me a lot recently. In fact, it's been just stopping most of the time I've tried to use it. Sometimes it gets a couple of minutes into the cycle and other timess it only goes for a few seconds. On the odd occasion it gets all the way through the cycle but that is becoming more and more rare.

There doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to it. I've pulled the machine out of the space and tried it just in case the hose was kinked. I don't know what else to try.

Anybody got any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Sponsored Links
Depending on what you mean by cutting out 'stopping in program or stopping turning etc'

Heater fault can cause some machines to stop during the program as they wait for it to heat up (intermittant fault caused by relay failing and gradually getting worse)
Damaged wiring loom (vibration of machine causes it to fail at times but not others)
Motor brushes worn can give all sorts of odd faults
Fill valve failure (machine sits waiting to fill)
Sometimes you get error codes sometimes none (error codes have to be taken with a pinch of salt anyway as they only really give an indication of what the machine is expecting to happen not what has failed)

Hi Leccy - thanks for your reply.

By 'cutting out' I mean that the machine starts the cycle normally and then, after a variable period which could seconds, minutes or 90% of the cycle, the machine stops and the timer shows the cycle time (as in 1.20 for a Synthetics 40 degree wash) and light on the start button goes back to flashing like it does before it is pressed to begin the cycle.

I don't get any error codes at all.

Of the list of potential problems you gave the first one seems most familiar. I am almost certain there was a progression to the frequency of the fault.

Any further insights would be much appreciated.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back