Trickle vents and friction stays Pain in the ass customer

Yes but night vents are not allowed to be passed as a TV, I believe it needs to be a permanent vent because once the bco or Fensa/certass inspector leaves you'll close the window because it's cold and hey presto you have no background ventilation

But it's written in the approved docs.... (read it)

Sponsored Links
I'll take your word for it, i ain't reading all that crap again...unless you can highlight it, if true though then MW is in the clear assuming the openers have night vent facility? As for opening restrictors then i highly doubt regs would be required but are easy to retro fit anyway

Sponsored Links
Thats exactly what it says in my link :evil: , doesn't say its allowed, just says not recommended, bet no bco would sign it off either

My local BCO wont have it :cry:
I wouldn't have them in my windows if you paid me

TV's?

I don't have TV's. In my house the windows mist up overnight during the winter months. I leave the windows on the night latch overnight and they don't. My missus follows me round closing 'em (at least the ones she can reach). I follow her round sticking them on the night latches again and so it continues! Wish I had TV's.

TV's?

I don't have TV's. In my house the windows mist up overnight during the winter months. I leave the windows on the night latch overnight and they don't. My missus follows me round closing 'em (at least the ones she can reach). I follow her round sticking them on the night latches again and so it continues! Wish I had TV's.

Lol. I just open some fanlights occasionally and tend to have my bedroom window open all night anyway. Never had any misting, condensation or mold problems but it is an oldish 30's house so not overly insulated.

Im not sure if its true or not but I heard that they don't test windows for efficiency with trickle vents fitted as they know they would no longer get an A,B or C rating. They are also drafty and noisy even when closed and the spiders and flys love to live and nest in them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back