Trump was right about one thing ...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
... when he said he was going to 'drain the swamp'

The thing he was right about is the world of politics is indeed a swamp. Some are just dipping their proverbial toes, some are up to their necks with many between. However, if any are not tempted by the swamp whatsoever, I wonder if they're in a minority?

Btw, for all the usual suspects on here, my disclaimer against **** replies now follows: By referencing Trump, I am NOT making any comment about where he'd be in the swamp. I'm only referencing him re the accurate comment he made about politics being a swamp. I repeat, I am neither indicating or refuting support for Trump.

Sponsored Links
... when he said he was going to 'drain the swamp'

The thing he was right about is the world of politics is indeed a swamp. Some are just dipping their proverbial toes, some are up to their necks with many between. However, if any are not tempted by the swamp whatsoever, I wonder if they're in a minority?

Btw, for all the usual suspects on here, my disclaimer against **** replies now follows: By referencing Trump, I am NOT making any comment about where he'd be in the swamp. I'm only referencing him re the accurate comment he made about politics being a swamp. I repeat, I am neither indicating or refuting support for Trump.
Lawless, rapist, swindler, fraudster, adulterer Trump, is right at home in any swamp, gutter or cesspit.

Sponsored Links
American politics gives the public a choice between 2 billionaires to vote for.

There is no such thing as democracy in America, yes you get a democratic vote to choose one of 2 candidates, but once in office the decisions they make will be influenced by very wealthy lobby groups.

NRA being a perfect example

American politics gives the public a choice between 2 billionaires to vote for.

There is no such thing as democracy in America, yes you get a democratic vote to choose one of 2 candidates, but once in office the decisions they make will be influenced by very wealthy lobby groups.

NRA being a perfect example
who are the 2 billionaires ?
On another note i see sleepy joe is away with the fairies still , suggesting his uncle was ate by cannibals

Last edited:
who are the 2 billionaires ?
On another note i see sleepy joe is away with the fairies still , suggesting his uncle was ate by cannibals
Every presidential election

Biden Trump
Trump Clinton
Etc
Etc

BTW Biden makes way more sense than Trump.

It depends on what you mean by swamp. Are you talking about personal enrichment? Politics has always been a nasty business, but I believe there are still plenty of MPs who aren't after personal enrichment.

I would rephrase that as “he was right about the need to drain the swamp”

You can’t drain a swamp when you are the swamp
There's nothing to be rephrased, Trump said he was going to drain the swamp, that was the phrase he used. Not 'a need to drain' he was 'going to drain.'

In the context of my opening post, he was correct in that politics and surrounding activities are a swamp. Whether or not he's in it is irrelevant within the context of this thread.

It depends on what you mean by swamp. Are you talking about personal enrichment? Politics has always been a nasty business, but I believe there are still plenty of MPs who aren't after personal enrichment.
You may well be right. Do you reckon the majority are nowhere near the swamp? I'm not saying they are/aren't, I don't have stats to prove one way or the other.

Every presidential election

Biden Trump
Trump Clinton
Etc
Etc

BTW Biden makes way more sense than Trump.
biden and clinton not billionaires no where near it stop making things up ..
Yeah saying your uncle was ate by cannibals is talking sense

I would rephrase that as “he was right about the need to drain the swamp”

You can’t drain a swamp when you are the swamp
If your going to doing properly you do.

The scum will always block the plug hole. Some needs to prepared to clear that plug

You may well be right. Do you reckon the majority are nowhere near the swamp? I'm not saying they are/aren't, I don't have stats to prove one way or the other.

In the UK, I actually don't believe most MPs are in it for their own personal enrichment. At least not whilst they are MPs.

America is much more of a swamp. We have much stricter limits on lobbying etc. There is hundreds, if not thousands of times more money sloshing around American politics. And it's all a lot more complicated there because of the federal system and other powerful levels of government. Pork barrel politics is not something we really have here.

Last edited:
I believe most are in it because they believed they could make a difference and be better than those before them.
Then they get ducked in and sometimes it's easier just to ho with the flow. Most definitely if it makes your pockets bigger.

Sponsored Links
Back