Response to Himmy about racism

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
I think you are confused. You have addressed your comment to Himmy, yet you have quoted my comment. Did you do that deliberately, as an act of disrespect?
Nonetheless, I will respond to a couple of your points.

Irrespective of the type, motivation or reason behind the racism, racism is still racism.
But suppose you are correct in that some type/motivations/explanations for racism can be explained and eradicated by education. I would agree, but only to those who are receptive to education.
Those that are not receptive to education will continue to be racist. Some will block out their ears, minds and brains to any form of explanation or education. They seem to insist on being racist, despite the best wishes of those who would try to educate them.
Perhaps you would like the task of educating the likes of hawkeye, reganandcarter, etc? No?
Will no-one volunteer?
Then we'll have to continue exposing their racism, by shouting at them, "Racist!"
Not to expose their racism by shouting at them "racist" is to accept and tolerate their racism. Some of us will not do that.

I think we have heard all the excuses under the sun for racism. Most of them trying to avoid the accusation of racism. I can't be racist because....., or I'm only racist because...... , or, If that is racism, then call me racist....... , and even, I can't be a racist because they are not a different race, etc, etc.

You can't educate those who flatly refuse to be educated. But you can expose them, shame them, and refuse to accept their hatred. Show them that their racism is not acceptable, otherwise they think it is!
Perhaps, one day, continually shaming them, by accusing them of racism, they may learn that their behaviour is unacceptable in society.
Their behaviour gives succour to extremists, and extremism is dangerous and divisive.

Mate nobody is going to read all that shyte.

What you Marxists don't realise is that due to your ideological possession most anyone with a shred of intelligence is going to have a good idea of what you're going to say before you've even said it and will give you a wide birth.

I don't even bother reading your shyte. I'm one of them.

Sponsored Links
I think you are confused. You have addressed your comment to Himmy, yet you have quoted my comment. Did you do that deliberately, as an act of disrespect?
Nonetheless, I will respond to a couple of your points.

Irrespective of the type, motivation or reason behind the racism, racism is still racism.
But suppose you are correct in that some type/motivations/explanations for racism can be explained and eradicated by education. I would agree, but only to those who are receptive to education.
Those that are not receptive to education will continue to be racist. Some will block out their ears, minds and brains to any form of explanation or education. They seem to insist on being racist, despite the best wishes of those who would try to educate them.
Perhaps you would like the task of educating the likes of hawkeye, reganandcarter, etc? No?
Will no-one volunteer?
Then we'll have to continue exposing their racism, by shouting at them, "Racist!"
Not to expose their racism by shouting at them "racist" is to accept and tolerate their racism. Some of us will not do that.

I think we have heard all the excuses under the sun for racism. Most of them trying to avoid the accusation of racism. I can't be racist because....., or I'm only racist because...... , or, If that is racism, then call me racist....... , and even, I can't be a racist because they are not a different race, etc, etc.

You can't educate those who flatly refuse to be educated. But you can expose them, shame them, and refuse to accept their hatred. Show them that their racism is not acceptable, otherwise they think it is!
Perhaps, one day, continually shaming them, by accusing them of racism, they may learn that their behaviour is unacceptable in society.
Their behaviour gives succour to extremists, and extremism is dangerous and divisive.
The different types of racist comments and people does matter. Because there are many people who say racist things but do not mean, when they stop and think, to hurt someone, nor do they really mean to be racist.. Those people are, am sure, up for a conversation, but there will never ever be a conversation if someone shouts and screams at them. And quite right too.

Sadly you and many others on here just do not understand how people work. Too busy being offended to see beyond your noses.

Might I respectfully suggest that you address my comments, as written, not as you imagined they were written.
Will no-one volunteer?
The different types of racist comments and people does matter. Because there are many people who say racist things but do not mean, when they stop and think, to hurt someone, nor do they really mean to be racist.. Those people are, am sure, up for a conversation, but there will never ever be a conversation if someone shouts and screams at them. And quite right too.

Sadly you and many others on here just do not understand how people work. Too busy being offended to see beyond your noses.

Abuse is abuse.
Let's take what happened at Chelsea the other week. What I see and found disgusting was a 60 year old man full of venom screaming at young well natured 24 year old man. He was rightly embarrassed by what he did .

This man claims he said Manc ****. If this was proved true that this man never used the word Black, would it make this any better. ????

'I'm very comfortable with being separated from the racists.
But that is a cynical response.

Can you honestly believe that outing racism is more divisive than the racism itself?

But exaggeration is the name of your game'

So you agree with the point I made: you think all leavers are racists.

Last edited:
As John quite rightly pointed out, your suggestion is an exaggeration, and like sodthisforfun's comment, detracts rather than empahises your point.
It detracts because the use of an exaggeration demonstrates the flimsiness of your suggestion

Read more: https://www.diynot.com/diy/threads/...4-over-five-years.514864/page-7#ixzz5adq9fvAh

It is not an exaggeration. It is correct.

Every single post made on this forum in regards to concerns about racism, where you have responded you have on every occasion accused the person posting of being racist.

This man claims he said Manc ****. If this was proved true that this man never used the word Black, would it make this any better. ????

He'd get a lesser sentence. John D's mates would be less offended. Win, win. ;)

Also don't forget racism can only be justifiably claimed where race was the factor concerned.

It does NOT apply to prejudice based on:
nationality,
ethnicity,
religion etc.

That official bodies make this mistake does not make it right no matter how many times it is mistakenly claimed.
And there you go again, trying to make the whole concept invalid.

What sort of person would be motivated to do that I wonder? Someone as deranged as Winston and his ranting and raving at the term "electronic transformer"? Or someone who wants the word to take on as much meaning as "Brexit means Brexit" because he is a racist?

When the term was first coined scientific knowledge was not what it is today. As the concept of "race" when applied to homo sapiens is meaningless we are left with official definitions of what "racism" is.

And you are not authoritative on this. It matters not one iota how much you object to it, "racism", or "racial discrimination" does have a meaning, and its meaning does encompass some of prejudices you list.

Rant and rave about that, howl at the moon, p*** up a rope, as much as you like, but reality will not change.

And another thing that will not not change is how I will reply to future attempts like this by you. No rational person would do what you do in the guise of "linguistic purity" because they would know how much damage they would do if they succeeded in persuading people that there cannot be any such thing as racism.

Either you are simply deranged, or you are a racist.

I do not believe that you are deranged, except in the ways that racists are.

Because there are many people who say racist things but do not mean, when they stop and think, to hurt someone, nor do they really mean to be racist..
Then they should )($£*%()%)@ well think.

And they should be dumped on from a great height for not thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back