Trying to identify vaillant boiler model and approx age

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My insurance company will not give me cover unless I can tell them the model and approx age of my Vaillant boiler. We only moved into the house in the past 6months and the solicitor managed to lose the pack of documents the previous owners left behind with all the details....
any ideas?

PICT0102_1.jpg

Sponsored Links
Either a VCW 242e or a 282 e anywhere between 1988 and 1996

Good reliable boilers parts still readily available. Make sure the domestic hot water exchanger has been replaced from the leaky black plastic model to a stainless steel plate model.
Look under the boiler on the left side behind where the 2 switches are as this is where it is located if you cannot see a large blck plastic unit then your sorted.
The diverter valves tend to go on this model too but again easy fix and not expensive.
Pete

Sponsored Links
Cheers guys. I'd noticed the pressure rising uptoward the red for the past few weeks and then yesterday pres dropped to 0 and I needed to add water to get it running .. figure it needs someone to give it a once over as I sure the previous owners didnt give it too much TLC.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back