tumble dryer hose through wooden shed wall ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The other day i opened a topic to ask how best to fix this leaking shed roof :

IMAG8986.jpg

I followed the advice, and after an sunny afternoon it now looks like this :

IMAG0289.jpg

So i now want the tumble dryer in there, it already has electics, i just need to get this hose :

IMAG0291.jpg

through this wall :

IMAG0286.jpg

Now looking online i found something like this :

ae235

Manrose Cowl Vent White 140mm x 140mm

Would i be able to connect that to the end bit of the dryer hose ?

And what would be the best way to create a hole for that in the shed wall ? I've a big saw but not sure if that'll do the job, can i use a stanley knife or won't that go through the wood ?

And does the hose need to be low down, or can i have it run up the wall on the inside and then out through the wall ?

Sponsored Links
The outlet will connect to the hose with a jubilee clip or even cable ties.
Ideally use a jigsaw to cut the hole - a stanley knife is not the tool to use here.
If you can, keep the duct run as short as possible to minimise condensation.
John :)

If you don't have a jigsaw, and can't justify the expense of buying one, then a pad saw will do the job. Just drill a hole, insert the pad saw and cut around the circle you want.

Jay

Sponsored Links
If the dryer sits back against the wall hose it not required short bit of 100mm pipe will be enough.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back