Turning off gas, water etc

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am going away for a few weeks in the summer and usually, if I'm going to be away for any length of time, I turn off all the water, gas and electricity at the mains. Is it OK to do this if I have had a condensing boiler fitted or should I leave everything left on?

Sponsored Links
You can turn everything off if you feel happier, although most new boilers like to have the gas and electric left on so the can fire and/or spin the pump if it is a combi or system boiler once every 24hrs ;)

gas4you said:
You can turn everything off if you feel happier, although most new boilers like to have the gas and electric left on so the can fire and/or spin the pump if it is a combi or system boiler once every 24hrs ;)

Thank you, Dave!

From an eletrical point of veiw are we to assume that you don't have a fridge/freezer full of food and an intruder alarm?

Sponsored Links
Tim 77 said:
From an eletrical point of veiw are we to assume that you don't have a fridge/freezer full of food and an intruder alarm?

Yes. I'll be emptying and defrosting the fridge and freezer prior to leaving.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back