Twin double back box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm looking for a twin double plastic back box that will allow me to mount two double accessories one directly above the other (a 4-outlet network faceplate and a double socket). I will be mounting them to a pole so a single moulded box would be more solid than two separate boxes.

Does such a thing exist anywhere, or should I just epoxy two standard back boxes together?

Colin C

Sponsored Links
Why stick them together?
I'm using one of these to secure each of them to the pole (a projector mount):
ST01510-40.jpg

As there are only two screws, securing the sockets together will give them a bit more rigidity. I could use some kind of mounting plate but I would rather not, to keep it neater.

Sponsored Links
use metalclad surface steel boxes, join them with conduit couplers and bushes, and spraypaint white.

I'd be looking for a sheet of <something> to cut to accurately fit the combined shape of the box rear faces - then mount both boxes with the bolts through the box and this sheet of <something>.
If you can't find a handy bit of plastic, then a sheet of metal and some paint should deal with it.

As well as making the two boxes more rigid, it will hide the excess holes in the back of the boxes - the surface boxes usually have fairly ugly backs with a plethora of holes etc.

I will be mounting them to a pole.
Can you give a bit more detail?

What sort of pole?

Why a pole, and not a wall?

What is the pole part of?

Where will it be, i.e. what sort of environment?

Who will be using the outlets, and for what?

I was wondering that, which is why I wanted to understand more.

One with a door might be better though - companies such as Sarel, Gewiss, Fibox, Himel, ABB, Schneider make mild steel, stainless steel, GRP and polycarbonate enclosures with doors in all sorts of sizes.

Or one of those modular systems (e.g. Gewiss, Lewden) make to be used as distribution units, assuming you can get Euro module faceplates.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back