Double architrave back box not standard size?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have bought a Schneider double architrave switch from ScrewFix and two single architrave back boxes
When I realised the screw holes wouldn’t align I ordered a double architrave back box from one of the few sellers that sells it on ebay and when I received it I realised the holes still don’t align

Isn’t there a standard size for double architrave boxes?

Sponsored Links
upload_2021-12-21_11-27-23.jpeg

trying to re post the picture

I don't know if there is a standard but it's pretty clear that if there is one not everyone follows it.

Schnider seem to do a plastic surface box, but not a flush one.

https://www.screwfix.com/p/schneide...d=329219#product_additional_details_container

Scholmore do double architrave switches and corresponding metal boxes. The switch is
CMA172 and the box is WA672

Thanks, the Scholmore switch has 120mm between holes, which is the same as my Schneider; also the back box height is less than the one I got from ebay
It seems to be the back box I bought to be non standard then

Sponsored Links
Also, from the photo of the 2 screwfix boxes, it would appear their supplier has a quality control issue. Apart from the CE mark being part stamped, the switch fixings in one of the boxes are clearly off-centre.

Also, from the photo of the 2 screwfix boxes, it would appear their supplier has a quality control issue. Apart from the CE mark being part stamped, the switch fixings in one of the boxes are clearly off-centre.
You’re right, I didn’t notice that; those are going back to toolstation anyway

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back