Twin double back box

Some people use "plastic" to describe pattresses. To differentiate them from metal.

I assumed as he had not written "PVC" he did not mean PVC.

Sponsored Links
Metalclad would look "a bit industrial"
Well - I couldn't easily find a photo of a faceplate with 8P8C outlets on it, but given this:

I really, really cannot even begin to see how this sort of thing:

prod-748-300-300.jpg

would look at all out of place.

Maybe a mounting plate would be needed, maybe not.

Kopex KEU or similar flexible metal conduit might be a good way to bring the cables to the boxes.

I really, really cannot even begin to see how this sort of thing:

prod-748-300-300.jpg

would look at all out of place.
You're probably right - at that distance you'd need good eyesight just to see that it's metalclad.
Kopex KEU or similar flexible metal conduit might be a good way to bring the cables to the boxes.
The cables are normally run down inside the tube - though in this case there is segregation to consider.

As an aside, a lot of lighting bars use metalclad 15A sockets with the wiring run internally to a JB on the end.
In this one they've stuck a dimmer unit directly on the end of the bar. At my 6th form, we had JBs about that size and a multicore cable linking the JB to the fixed wiring (8 circuits/bar and a lot of singles in trunking back to the control room).

Here's a closeup of what is common.

Can't see what the OPs hall has from the photo.
EDIT: Looks like they've used loose rubber sockets on the end of flexes, yuck. The photo isn't really clear enough, but I can't see any safety chains/wires on the lights.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back