Two Sockets stopped working

Noticed any random scratching noises? Vermin?

Sponsored Links
Your" house sockets" MCB is 32 amp ,and is indicative of a ring final circuit. For 4 sockets to suddenly stop working there would need to be two breaks in the cabling between them. As the cables run from one socket to another it may be worth checking wiring at the sockets that are working for disconnections. Pictures of wiring would be useful. When you changed fuse in FCU ,are you certain the fuse was good ?
Do any of the non working sockets only have one cable and not two ?

Last edited:
Your" house sockets" MCB is 32 amp ,and is indicative of a ring final circuit. For 4 sockets to suddenly stop working there would need to be two breaks in the cabling between them. As the cables run from one socket to another it may be worth checking wiring at the sockets that are working for disconnections. Pictures of wiring would be useful. When you changed fuse in FCU ,are you certain the fuse was good ?
Do any of the non working sockets only have one cable and not two ?
Thank you for your reply, so I’ve ordered some basic electrical testing equipment, see if I can find the problem, the sockets that don’t work are quite far away from each other confusing, can you have 2 ring mains on 1 MCB

Reactions: CBW
Sponsored Links
You could have two Ring 'Final Circuits' but that would be four cables in the MCB.
I mean that would make more sense, from what I’m experiencing, I’ll have a look at the consumer unit shortly

Not sure what you mean. I was just correcting my error.

1696336582727.png

You'd have a job getting four cables in an MCB.

Reactions: CBW
Update: An electrician is coming out tomorrow.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back