tyres

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Quick question - I'm having 2 new tyres fitted to my car. But the 2 most worn are diagonally opposite each other. :LOL: I want to swap them round so they fit the 2 new uns at the front or back - which is best to have most grip? Front or back?

Thx.

Sponsored Links
I would always put them on the front. When braking most of the weight is on the front two wheels.

Cheers. It turned out i needed 3 new tyres. Dont ask how. I really dont know. The newest one from before actually was worn worse than the others. Bridgestone tyres.

Total cost for 3 new budget tyres fitted by F1 Autocentres, £102.12 :LOL: Brilliant. :LOL: And good customer service. Will use them again. I know, budget tyres = false economy, but the next step up was £165. Would that have really been worth it? Would I have got proportional mileage out of them?

Also out of interest, whats the average mileage for a tyre?

Depends really, but I personally would like my tyres to last 20,000 miles/2yrs at least, if not a lot more thinking about it!

I think you could easily write a book on whats best to go for though regarding high priced vs budget tyres and the economic merits, so its anyones guess.

Personally, I usually always go for top brand reasonable priced tyre. I like to feel like they are safe, reliable and will last a while.

Sponsored Links
It's common practise now to put the best tyres on the back. This was discussed here a couple of months ago. I'd post a link to the thread but I can't find it, DUH!

Back