Under cabinet kitchen lighting

Sponsored Links
I used linkable LED "tubes", eg:

They are pretty generic and assume they are much of a muchness. Cooker hood was the nearest power source, did require drilling some holes in the hood where it meets the cabinets either side, but it's all hidden away and means the cooker hood light button controls the cabinet lights, which is exactly what we wanted.
Sorry a bit late to this party but is there available a 5m figure of 8 available so I can have the light at the other side of the kitchen come on at the same time. I have a fused spur at one side of the kitchen which I would wire one directly into then from that one light go back up behind the wall unit and up into the ceiling across to the other side of the room and down to under that cabinet.
Or could I cut off the figure of 8 connectors and swap out the short wire for a longer length of 0.75m2.

Last edited:
Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Oh is that all it is. I was thinking it was some sort of bespoke fitting figure of 8 just for that. Although they do say it is polarised which I can work out by cutting off the end of the supplied short one and a simple continuity test.
So I could go from one light up the cabinet over the ceiling and down to the top of the other cabinet top with a junction box there, then another figure of 8 down to the light.

Last edited:
Sponsored Links
Actually as its a polarised figure of 8 I think I would need a polarised cable to fit. Looking at the pictures I think it might just be a standard C7 extension cable but polarised.
cabe.JPG

Last edited:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back