Underfloor insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am interested in insulating the flooring in my home, however I would like to do so not by installing it under my current parquet flooring, however on the "roof" of my garage (which is directly under the space that needs insulation). Does anyone know if this something that will help improve the heat insulation in the room above? Will it suffice to use regular polystyrene insulation panels or is there any other method that might be more effective? I would like to do so to improve the aesthetic appearance of the roof of my garage as well, as at the moment it is only a concrete splay

Sponsored Links
If your garage is unheated, then insulating the ceiling will benefit your home.

You could use any common insulation material such as

1) RockWool
2) Polystyrene
3) Polyurethane

Which you choose will be a question of price and how thick you want the insulation to be.

None of these are particularly attractive. You would need to build a false ceiling with wood or plasterboard to improve that.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back