'Unhelpful posts' ??

"Which?" Said

"Are pricier sausages porkier?
For example, a pack of six Aldi Specially Selected British Outdoor Bred pork sausages contained 97% pork and cost £4.73 per kg.

That's nearly half the price of The Good Little Company Great Big sausages which contain 87% pork and cost £3.15 per pack (6 sausages) or £8.75 per kg.

The cheapest ones we found were Lidl Simply Pork sausages which cost £1.60 per kg and contain 53% pork.

But these weren't the ones with the lowest meat content. Richmond is one of the biggest names in the market but its thick pork sausages contain just 42% pork - the least they can legally contain to be labelled pork sausages.

Despite containing so little pork they cost almost three times more than the Lidl sausages at £4.41 per kg"

Sponsored Links
"Which?" Said

"Are pricier sausages porkier?
For example, a pack of six Aldi Specially Selected British Outdoor Bred pork sausages contained 97% pork and cost £4.73 per kg.

That's nearly half the price of The Good Little Company Great Big sausages which contain 87% pork and cost £3.15 per pack (6 sausages) or £8.75 per kg.

The cheapest ones we found were Lidl Simply Pork sausages which cost £1.60 per kg and contain 53% pork.

But these weren't the ones with the lowest meat content. Richmond is one of the biggest names in the market but its thick pork sausages contain just 42% pork - the least they can legally contain to be labelled pork sausages.

Despite containing so little pork they cost almost three times more than the Lidl sausages at £4.41 per kg"
Do you like the Lidl sausages, the 2 experiences of mine have been fxxxxxg aweful chunks of gristle. I'm sure it's no different to other makes but at least they grind it down properly. However, personally I'm not a fan of the very high meat content sausages, I've tried tesco & sainburys and find they 'lay very heavy' and bloat me. Haven't tried Aldi.
I'm surprised the range of Richmond sausages is so limited now.
I was involved in saugage making years ago albeit foreign types such as chorizo, salami, sucak, pepperoni etc. The minimum meat content being used in those was 51% by weight and some were much higher. I'm surprised to see the legal minimum for british products is so low.

"Which?" Said
Sadly I take little notice of 'Which', historically I've found the limited number of products tested frequently missed better products but... 'Which says it's the best so that's what I want' so that's what we had to supply despite knowing the advantages of another.

Sponsored Links
My goodness - now my thread about 'moaning posts' really has been 'ruined'. This time we have secure to blame, for bringing sausages into the equation!

I fear that this development requires me to make my usual statement - that if the mods move this ('my') thread to GD, I will ;stop participating !

My goodness - now my thread about 'moaning posts' really has been 'ruined'. This time we have secure to blame, for bringing sausages into the equation!

I fear that this development requires me to make my usual statement - that if the mods move this ('my') thread to GD, I will ;stop participating !
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Stall I move it on to something else for you? Such as Pringles, Mars bars, Eccles cakes?

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Stall I move it on to something else for you? Such as Pringles, Mars bars, Eccles cakes?
The choice is yours ;)

Actually, thinking back, I have a feeling that, in terms of the 'thread shifts' which seem to worry you-know-who so much, it's actually fairly unusual for a single thread to have multiple major shifts/jumps. It's far more common that, having dealt with the OP, the discussion then goes off on some (usually 'related') tangent and then remains on that tangent for the remainder od what may be several more pages :)

That’s a generalisation John
It would be if I had said that generalisations are "never true", but I would like to think I've avoided it being a generalsation by merely saying "very rarely true", haven't I? In my book, a generalisation applies to 'everything', not 'nearly everything' :)
Both “generalisations are never true”, and “generalisations are rarely true” are generalisations. You suggested that sausages are rarely tasty but were then caught out by your own generalisation, meaning sausages are tasty with rare exceptions.

Both “generalisations are never true”, and “generalisations are rarely true” are generalisations.
Eh? You seem to be moving in the direction of saying that any statement that is not 'totally specific' (to one thing/situation/whatever) is a 'generalisation', which certainly does not correspond with my view.
You suggested that sausages are rarely tasty ...
Eh? again :) How did you manage to make that interpretation of
Sausages are tasty.
Not all of them. .... '

.... but were then caught out by your own generalisation, meaning sausages are tasty with rare exceptions.
Sorry, but I fear I'm going to havee to invoke a third Eh? :)

It seems that my thread has been well and truly 'ruined' - and, as so often, by quibbles about 'the meaning of words' started by people other than myself :)

some are Churchills
Well now that you mention it... however I had every intention of avoiding tangents (or is that tankgents?) and keeping this particular tangent in the plumbing domain, as Denso yet again is criticising electrical forums deviations and hence inaccuracies.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back