Uphill water or am I missing something

Sponsored Links
I'd suspect ventilation pipework, common on Victorian buildings, although it is unusual to see on a more modern building like that. Allows air behind water, the pipes should connect back to the stack inside where the sanitary appliances connect to the soil pipe.

Something is odd there though, as the larger pipes for a WC seem to go into the building on an odd level, doesn't look to be a floor at that level. Also the two pipes coming out below the vent pipes are too small for soil, can only be waste, but they are on the level I would expect the WC's to be.... :confused:

Sponsored Links
4" waste connections for S trap pans into void between floor and suspended ceiling on the floor below.

40mm/50mm - urinal wastes with venting back into the stack - reasonably common on commercial installations

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back