Upvc vs wood

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey guys,
This is a little 'off topic' since I'm not going to do this myself, but I know there's lots of knowledgeable people here who can give advise...

We have an odd double door system at the front of our house, unsightly vpvc doors the a small gap then a traditional front door with single glazed glass on each side.

We need to sort this out, I feel by removing the first set of doors and then putting in a new frame with double glazed windows and a new door.

I prefer the look of wood to pvc for this, what are the pros and cons of wood vs pvc in this case? I'm thinking along the lines of:

Cost to buy and install
Security
Economy / draught seal (thinking the same here)
Longevity - E. G. How will it look in say 10 years?

Erm that's about it I think. The part where this would go is brick, the windows on the front of the house are white upvc.

Oh and if anyone knows good companies in the Hornchurch /Romford /Upminster /Rainham type area even better!

Cheers

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back