Urgent please! Advice needed for tomorrow

Most of what I initially thought has been said: crap job, but it isn't going to fall down, but it will be interesting to see how long the replastering goes without cracking though...

Looks about my standard of DIY :LOL:

Sponsored Links
Well I rang the council planning dept and they sent out an inspector, who said because it is not a load bearing wall that it wasn't unsafe, but that it was a poor job - same as you guys have said. Then rang the dad, who came out and said that it was fine, a good job, nothing wrong with it... but I asked for him to get his son to make the door lining true, not 7mm out, and to point the lintel and bocks so they are secure,and to cut the foam. Also will ask him to put some render/sand and cement over the wall so that the plasterer can just skim over it. We bought the door lining and he used a lintel we had, putting the lintel he brought in the cupboard (?)

This firm is popular in the village I live - they often have advert boards in windows - feel pretty let down by them so far. I know they have a chance now to put it right for us, but I am pretty sure I will just end up paying when I am still not happy simply to get rid of them. I should have done the job myself, but the whole point was getting a professional in to do a professional job...

That's an awful bodge. No pride in their work. Sad really. £250 for a days work isn't cheap.

Sponsored Links
£250/day for a total bodge is a joke & it’s not even a day’s work; it’s 2 x what I would expect to pay for a decent job & that’s not even half decent. Just print this lot off & show the “dad”; if the price didn’t include the lintel or the door lining, which he hasn’t fitted properly, that’s really taking the p??s; offer him 50 quid as a good gesture, tell him to bugger off & feel lucky that you "may not" tell the rest of the villiage or send him the bill for putting it right!

If the builder was intending to drypack the gap, the ok, but the whole thing is a mess sack him and get the job re done by a pro.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back