Using cheap B&Q paint and joint filler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a new property with plasterboard walls and I thought of using that very cheap B&Q paint to put an undercoat and see the quality of the surface before I paint over it with a better paint (it could even be the more expensive B&Q one). However, is there a risk that the cheap paint will not give a good result such as the paint not sticking properly to the surface? Or is the paint cheap just because it does not look very good and does not cover well?

Another matter which may be associated with the above is that plasterboard joint filler has been used; after sanding it the whole surface for painting is very dusty. Does the filler (such as the Lafarge or British Gypsum brands) need to be primed for the paint to stick well or is it enough to try and remove as much dust as possible?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back