Vaillant boiler fault F.28 (but i have gas!)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Any help much appreciated.

My Vaillant boiler no 306700 keeps breaking down. I think its a combi boiler. This is the 6th time this year. The fault today says F.28 but i do have gas.

My electricity ran out and when i turned it back on the gas wont come on even though there is gas in the meter. This happens ALL the time, and although i am with Housing Association and they come to fix it for free, i still have to take time off work so end up paying for it in a roundabout was anyway.

Is there anything that i could do to solve the problem? The boiler is 11 years old and keeps breaking down but they wont give me a new one until the parts cannot be replaced at all.

The pressure valve is at 1 so thats not the problem (at least not today. It was previously and they just put the pressure bar back up to one and it worked fine.)

I am at my wits end and it is FREEZING. I have to heat my home with my blow heater which costs a bomb and i have to take the day off again.

Any help or advice would be great,. Many thanks.

Sponsored Links
sorry. Meant to say the boiler wont come back on, not the gas. My gas cooker is working!

have you tried resetting the appliance on the front panel?

Not sure what that involves. When the red light of death comes on, i press the fire ignite button and it tries to light 3 times before the red light comes on again. The temperatire reading in the window goes from 36 to about 41 then dies down andain when it doesnt light.

How do i reset the appliance?

Sponsored Links
As far as I can tell all or most of these problems are of your own making!

You presumably have an electric meter with a prepaid key. You dont bother to check the balance and replemish before it runs out EVEN though there is an emergency credit facility!

Most people have a credit meter and pay monthly!

You dont tell us the model of your boiler or show us a picture. I expect its a Turbomax 824. If its faulty as it might be then the HA will arrange a repair at no cost to you. Most people have to pay for their repairs.

You are lucky and have a job so I dont see any excuse for you not to be able to organise your life properly like others do.

Hey, Agile, That seems a bit harsh!

Just because you are the most organised and clever person in the world (although I doubt that's true otherwise you would be a millionaire by now and not fussing about on this forum) doesn't mean that other people don't need a bit of help now and then. Back off and don't be so arrogant!

This forum exists to help...although I sometimes wonder given the criticism and abuse that some hand out!

There are a few people who are inadequate and unemployed and often on drugs.

This OP has a job which demonstrates that she has the abilities to do whatever is required for her work.

In that case all she needs to so is to properly organise herself to check the pressure in the boiler and to ensure the electricity does not run out!

If thats really harsh then life is harsh.

But when I see people shopping, smoking, visiting pubs and clubs and going on holidays then the impression I get is that there are many people who are managing pretty well even in a recession.

Tony

Oh dear, you are in a bad way aren't you?

With such an attitude I'm surprised you're still employed....by anyone, including yourself!

Oh and I'm retired so can view this forum whenever I like, but didn't you ought to be out there helping people with their heating problems?

Well if you are retired then you can give your time to helping those who cannot or dont want to help themselves.

But that might be better directed towards helping the unemployed to gain skills to enable them to find jobs.

Tony

As far as I can tell all or most of these problems are of your own making!

You presumably have an electric meter with a prepaid key. You dont bother to check the balance and replemish before it runs out EVEN though there is an emergency credit facility!

Most people have a credit meter and pay monthly!

You dont tell us the model of your boiler or show us a picture. I expect its a Turbomax 824. If its faulty as it might be then the HA will arrange a repair at no cost to you. Most people have to pay for their repairs.

You are lucky and have a job so I dont see any excuse for you not to be able to organise your life properly like others do.

I did not know the name of the boiler but psted a number on there which i thought might identify it. And i am organised actually, as my meter ran out when i was delayed a week on my holiday. I am sure most people with prepayment meters do not top up monthly as it can only hold £50 on there at any one time and that would not last a month with these prices.

The HA came and fixed the problem after 2 days while i was staying elsewhere so no: i was unable to post a picture or get the boiler number as i mentioned.

Most people have to pay for their repairs when they own their own home which i dont have the luxury of doing right now so get off your high horse and go get some xmas cheer. Bah Humbug.

Santa obviously hasn't brung you any gifts Mr Moany!! Not surpried!

Turns out the problem was a faulty wire which i would not have been able to repair myself but at least i learnt how to turn up the pressure should that be the problem next time

Thanks for the offer of help.

There are a few people who are inadequate and unemployed and often on drugs.

This OP has a job which demonstrates that she has the abilities to do whatever is required for her work.

In that case all she needs to so is to properly organise herself to check the pressure in the boiler and to ensure the electricity does not run out!

If thats really harsh then life is harsh.

But when I see people shopping, smoking, visiting pubs and clubs and going on holidays then the impression I get is that there are many people who are managing pretty well even in a recession.

Tony

You obviously have your own issues regarding those people but what has that got to do with needing help fixing a boiler or organising themselves.

The recession has hit everybody and has nothing to do with needing help on a forum to fix a boiler. Its not my fault it keeps breaking down and even if i did let the electric run out ALL the time, it still would not be my fault that the boiler breaks down.

I suggest you go and imbibe some eggnog or your drink of choice and then watch a comedy and find a sense of humour!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back