Vaillant boiler greeen light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Vaillant Turbomax pro boiler and am after a guidance on the purpose of the Green Light on the right hand side of the control light.

The Green light is constantly on when there is no water demand. It does flash when water is demanded but only stops flashing when water demand is turned off.

I would appreciate your help

Sponsored Links
Maybe its to show you that there is a mains supply and to flash when hot water is being used?

The green led shows the state of the hot water function.

steady on: pre-heat or warmstart function enabled, appliance at rest.
off: pre-heat or warmstart function disabled, appliance at rest.
flashing: appliance supplying hot water (hot tap on) or appliance pre-heating/warmstart mode at the moment.

Pre-heat or warmstart as Vaillant like to call it, is disabled by turning the hot water temperature knob fully anti-clockwise till the green light goes out, then back to your desired temperature (usually around '1 O'Clock' position). To turn on warmstart turn the same knob fully clockwise till the green led lights, then back to your set temperature.

Warmstart is useful to help the delay in obtaining a useable hot water temperature when a combi starts from cold. In practice, it does make a small difference, and I generally advise that its left on. Some people don't like the appliance noise when it may fire during the night for 2-3 minutes. So you takes your choice!

Sponsored Links
Thankyou for the guidance on this issue, also sorry for my poor english in the explanation!!

you have been most helpful

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back