Vaillant ecotec plus 615 issues - caught b/w Vaillant & Installer

Sponsored Links
I would say that no system water should ever look like that!

Sometimes it can look a light straw colour but not strong tea like that!

But what about the boiler noise? What does he say?

Tony

But what about the boiler noise? What does he say?

Tony

basically he doesn't know. he said it's not the water contamination. He suspects that it could be the amount of gas that is meant to go through combustion & vaillant engineer didnt adjust it when he changed the gas valve in october. He said if he tried to fix it, it would nullify the warranty.

other than that he didn't say much. oh yes - he did try telling me that a 10 sec long vibration of the boiler with a loud noise is normal & nothing to worry about!

as far as boiler noise is concerned, no turning points really. Flue seems to be fix for now but will keep an eye on the leakage point. .

Sponsored Links
Bunny, "rare" is a comparative term and I would still say that I have not particularly heard of them failing on this model and so that is rare. Any part could fail and of course some gas valves do. Rare would perhaps be one in 300 or less.

But in this case the failure was not a failure of the valve as such but allegedly caused by water damage from when the condensate pipe blocked up.

Any engineer can measure the flue gases to see if they are within tolerance.

I don't see why any engineer would not want to adjust the gas valve if it is causing the noise. Although some manufacturer's do say don't adjust them.

But if he changed the gas valve as you said then that requires the measurements to be made and sometimes an adjustment is needed.

You seem to have been blessed with "difficult" installers who have behaved in a below average way. But it is difficult to be very critical when we don't know the full story.

Tony

o_O
Anyway. It's today's visitor the unregistered idiot or the pratt that signs off his work?
That water has not been flushed.

Dan_Robinson - you are funny. I am going to take your cue and hence forth refer to them as w****r & pratt! It was the w****r! btw he was so surprised that I didnt want him to do the 'oh so cool flush' for free...

My being so non-technical doesnt help here. as explained to me, at time of installation the system was flushed once before the switch on and then afterwards. Looking at the w****er I think he just cant do things right. he does try to do them..lets hear from bunnyman what he thinks potentially the problem is. I want this to be fixed and the right way.

Well we told you in the other thread that he shouldn't be allowed near a boiler and flue system. Did he check the combustion and flue integrity when he finished? Did he give you the printouts from his FGA?

Think I know the answer to that one :rolleyes:

"Rare for gas valves to need replacing"

You obviously haven't had much experience with regard to this particular model Tony.
Replaced a good few.

Thanku steel, Tony's comes across so knowledgeable and spends so much time in other forums I think he believes his own prss

Thats sentinel system cleanser in the water. If he's replaced the flue seal he needs to check and set the boiler readings and set up the gas valve.

615? Noise on start up after about 30 seconds....? You need to get Vaillant back to check gas valve & combustion, end of.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back