Vaillant PowerMax Pro whining

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Moved moved home recently and just switched on the heating for the first time. Almost immediately the entire house is filled with an annoying whine which is coming from the boiler and travelling through the CH pipes to every room...The whining stops whenever I draw hot water from any hot tap but starts again as soon as I switch the tap off.
I have a Vaillant Powermax Pro, three years old at most, no thermostat or TRVs. I\\\'ve had a guy round to check it out and he diagnosed & cleared cr@p from the diverter valve which worked for about 15 mins then the whining started back up!
The next course of action seems to be an entire new valve - can anybody suggest other diagnosis?
Thanks

Sponsored Links
i to have the same problem on a boiler fitted 1 week ago , i have turned down the pump to mark 2 and has quietend the noise , if turned to make 1 it stops, please let me know if you get any diagnostic for this problem, as this noise is driving me mad

the fella fitted a new diverter valve but the whining came back a day or so later. He's just fixed it again by removing then refitting the valve and is going to contact Vaillant to see if this a 'feature' of the boiler...

I have been onto valiant on this problem and its for corgi installers only

Air ratio needs to be adjusted

Don't try it yourself you need a flue gas analyzer

Sponsored Links
Sime 10

there is an easy solution to this problem,which involves drilling an 8mm hole in the air inlet pipe. works every time for me.

Really I have fitted quite a few and have this problem on 2

Where do you drill the hole what part of the air intake (suction) ?

I did call vaillant and he told me the air ratio, not got an analyzer yet so I would try you method.

After the third visit, my plumber suggested opening up the valves on a couple of radiators to full.

I did this on three downstairs rads and this seems to have sorted it, no more whining.

Now, if only I'd tried this first I could have saved myself 200 quid...

if you remove the air intake pipe you will see on the bend a diamond shape you drill there.

We are talking the air suction pipe ?

Ok will give it a try will tell you how I have got on thanks again for the reply

vaillant do it on the thermocompacts if they have the clunking diverter valve fault. mind you this is after renewing the diverter valve, spill valve with modified version and pcb.
Am I the only one who has never heard of a vaillant powermax :?:

it,s been discussed on this forum several times.

my information came from a vaillant rep,

trust me it works.

I,m only telling you cause you live in Wales and possible a Welshman/woman!!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back