Vaillant Turbomax problem

Well I don't fit vaillant any more but I would say that they are one of the best built boilers on the market, the attitude of the company sucks but their boilers are very good.. The ones that I have fitted have needed nothing more than an annual service... I would suggest that you are making a mountain out of a mole hill because your installer should have been able to sort out your problems very quickly indeed if he was any good.... The leak should have been sorted by Vaillant when he called them because it would have been a warranty issue.

Sponsored Links
all i can say mate is that ur an idiot who must surely have a vested interest in another manufacturer ,there is not many hoses there are 2! and these were removed and upgraded to solid copper circa 2008/9 , most makers just tell you to put up with it but the top ones i.e. vaillant worcester and viessmann keep there own houses in order ,all german i might add,these unit have a life span of 15/20 years as all vaillants have most others are 7/10 so thats why the price difference.and why blame the boiler when its obvious a fault with the wireless stat? if you have no radiator symbol on the display its not being told to come on!!! its like saying a rolls royce is **** when you can't go to the shops because you aint turned the key? stop pretending to be a customer if you had been cold all you needed was a decent engineer who would have fixed it it 30mins

Sponsored Links
Hello

Well I am extremely glad to here you no longer fit vaillant boilers any more, also the vaillant guarantee is not worth the paper it is written on and I have been in contact with vaillant rochester technical recently and they have not been helpful in any way shape or form.
If I am making a mountain out of a molehill I apologise but this vaillant was expensive, never funtioned correctly and I am fed up living in a cold house.

Like Bunnyman, I'm not convinced that it is the boiler that is at fault but possibly the controls that are fitted to it.. That really would be an issue for your installer... Sadly you have discovered why I don't fit Vaillants anymore, but I was so sure of the product that I was supplying a five year warranty to vaillants when Vaillant would only do a two year warranty. I am sure that it is not you boiler that is the problem... What make of programmer do you have, was it new when the boiler was fitted and is it wired or wireless?

Salus controls are one of the cheapest on the market. Very good value for money when they are working! But they dont seen terribly reliable.

Customers dont help themselves though. All these RF devices need a proper Duracell battery! A cheap zinc carbon sold at 13 for 99p are just not up to the job of supply enough current when its sending the signal out to the boiler unit.

All of your problems seem to be solely the result of problems with the Salus wireless stat. Yet you seem to be determined to rubbish Vaillant which are one of the more reliable boilers.

Tony

I'm afraid that I don't do Northamptonshire... Get a decent Honeywell RF programmable room 'stat fitted and you'll be as warm as toast..

I use similar types of cheap crimps for quite a few applications, refrigeration hoses, hydraulics and other quite high pressure stuff... The advantage is that they can apply a uniformly even force on the hose, much better than a "Jubilee" clip even though I suspect that the hose replacement kit may come with "Jubilee" clips..The hoses were not one of Vaillants best ideas and they did change to copper pipes on later boilers but all manufacturers change design and spec as they hone their design.... My early Worcester Greenstar 30si is totally different to the current model when you look closely...

The programmer is a SALUS RT300RF (TX) new when fitted, wireless and it does look cheap and nasty, I also recall the installer broke the first programmer as he asked me for my micro screw drivers but he ended up really cocking it all up with it all falling to bits, I had to go out so I paid him cash in full without the heating working and he left saying he would return in an hour with another programmer but he did not return and left an email instead stating he would arrive in 2 days with a new programmer, well bearing in mind I had paid and this was November, when I returned later that evening my wife informed me of this email and I was rather annoyed so I sent him an email, I forget the actual content of the email but he arrived at 7.30am the following day with a new programmer and yes I know what you are thinking it was a new sealed programmer which I made sure to examine, it was not the original programmer as he really did make a pigs ear of that one it literally was broken and in bits.

I am far from a Vaillant apologist, but I still fail to see at what point your problems is due to the boiler?

:rolleyes:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back