Vaillant VRT34f remote unit - HELP!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
:rolleyes: After a year of inheriting the boiler and this unit with no instructions, we have finally managed how to set the time, day and night temperatures and set a weekly programme. The only problem we still have is that they day and night settings (sun and moon) seem to kick in whenever they like so sometimes during the night the unit is showing the sun symbol and therefore applying the day temperature which makes the heating come on, and in reverse during the day when you want it warmer, the night value is showing and you cant get the heating on! At the moment we are having to set both values the same at night and first thing in the morning, just to ensure. Can someone tell me how to set day to between 6am and 10pm and night 10-6 for example? Or is it supposed to be automatic and we have a faulty unit?

I've tried the Vaillant technical line at a cost of 50P per minute, but they were no help!!!!

There must be someone out there that knows???

Very hopeful of Bristol
Please help!

thanks

Sponsored Links
Although this is for the VRT360f, it should be the same to use. The 340 was for an Ecomax boiler whilst the 360 is for the Ecotec Plus range.

CLICK HERE

Dave,
thanks for taking the time to post this for me, but the interface and functionality is quite different. I've been through the pdf a couple of times now and I can't find a solution. I've got the basic instructions for the unit but it doesnt seem to say anything about my problem.....

Have you tried resetting the unit completely and starting again?

Sponsored Links
No I havent tried that. Is there usually some kind of reset button? I cant even see that...

:rolleyes: Can someone tell me how to set day to between 6am and 10pm and night 10-6 for example? Or is it supposed to be automatic and we have a faulty unit?

There must be someone out there that knows???

Very hopeful of Bristol
Please help!

thanks

Is it the vrt340f ?

340fjpeg.jpg

v340f.jpg

vrt.jpg

this version of 340f ?

look here

Setting the time and the timer is not the problem I have all that set up fine. The problem is that there does not seem to be a way of setting when the day or the night time temperature applies. I have been over and over the manual and I just cannot figure it out. For example today at 6am the symbol display switched over from night to day (what I would expect) then at 10am it went back to night symbol - WHY?????? then now at 9pm it is showing day. It does it completely randomly and will switch over to day in the middle of the night so the heating comes on!! It is driving me absolutely mad....

when in occupation time the symbol will be for day sun @ the day temp setting you set. ie 22c
when not in occupation time the symbol will for night moon @ the temp you set for night setback ie 15c

sorry you lost me, what do you mean by occupation time? Really appreciate your help..

Sorry I think I have just worked out what you mean. You mean if the timer says the heating it on, the until uses the day setting and if off it uses the moon setting. So simple yet had me so confused!

Thank you, I'm now going to set it up properly!

Setting the time and the timer is not the problem I have all that set up fine. The problem is that there does not seem to be a way of setting when the day or the night time temperature applies. I have been over and over the manual and I just cannot figure it out. For example today at 6am the symbol display switched over from night to day (what I would expect) then at 10am it went back to night symbol - WHY??????

What is the max daytime temp you have set 22c ?

It does it completely randomly and will switch over to day in the middle of the night so the heating comes on!! It is driving me absolutely mad....

What is the minimum night time temp you have set 18c ?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back