Valliant 831 or WB?

WB sell 100's of thousands of units annually which are installed and serviced by 10's of thousands of RGI's (myself included - sometimes). Try not to kid yourself or anyone there's a shred of uniqueness to anything you do. Good luck with editing your video.

PS. Again you don't check a vessel by looking at the boiler pressure gauge.

Sponsored Links
WB sell 100's of thousands of units annually which are installed and serviced by 10's of thousands of RGI's (myself included - sometimes). Try not to kid yourself or anyone there's a shred of uniqueness to anything you do. Good luck with editing your video.

PS. Again you don't check a vessel by looking at the boiler pressure gauge.

what do you do ? release air from the vessel to weaken it ?? this might shock you but i don t test the prv either!!

Sponsored Links
As most FGAs take 2-3 minutes to stabilise and most MIs say run the boiler for 5-10 min on full power to get up to temperature before taking an FGA measurement than that eats a lot into a 20 minute service.

When you do a video please include a time code so we can see whats actually going on in real time!

You should also include waiting time at the front door and getting paid time! Lady paid me £30 today in coins down to 5p pieces. My parking ticket was five min over when I got back to car. I had only allowed 10 minutes for getting paid! Its that kind of thing that makes me think a real 20 min at door / out of door is virtually impossible!

No out take edits! If you spill your coffee we want to see that too!

It takes me 2 min to buy a machine ticket and 2-4 min to buy a phone parking time.

I miss working for the BBC !

To the OP if still reading, I'd advise stored water, latest controls, external pump and regular boiler (even WB if you wish especially as the word's out they service in 20 mins). Before you buy (any combi make) just take a look at a greatest hits of combi-specific parts prices. Eg. plate heat ex's that can cost more than a new copper cylinder, cheap diveters that cost more than Honeywell valves, plastic housed OEM pumps costing twice more than the pukka cast versions, bespoke auto air vents, cheap OEM controls, double price expansion vessels, pressure switches, flow sensors etc etc etc...

As most FGAs take 2-3 minutes to stabilise and most MIs say run the boiler for 5-10 min on full power to get up to temperature before taking an FGA measurement than that eats a lot into a 20 minute service.

When you do a video please include a time code so we can see whats actually going on in real time!

You should also include waiting time at the front door and getting paid time! Lady paid me £30 today in coins down to 5p pieces. My parking ticket was five min over when I got back to car. I had only allowed 10 minutes for getting paid! Its that kind of thing that makes me think a real 20 min at door / out of door is virtually impossible!

No out take edits! If you spill your coffee we want to see that too!

It takes me 2 min to buy a machine ticket and 2-4 min to buy a phone parking time.

I miss working for the BBC !

haha that made me laugh tony...thanks. i didn t weigh into things parking and custards!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back