Valliant Combi boiler Turbomax

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, am running a Turbomax boiler, installed in 2005. It develops 80,000 btu, running 5 radiators + hot water. Problem is the bath, I cannot get the boiler to run hot water to the bath. It is warm for a couple of minutes, then runs cold. Hot water is turned up to maximum, but you can see the hot water temp drop from 68 to 48 F & it wont recover. Any advice, the original installer has given up on me
Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
possibly diverter valve or motor head. Turbomaxs have known problems.Best advice, use an installer who knows what he is doing and gives good customer service rather than giving up :eek: There are plenty around

Thanks it`s done this from original install, will check out local service installers

If its done it from new why have you not had warranty call via Vaillant?

Sponsored Links
I would bet a blocked up plated HE

check temp diff across the primaries

although gas is right the div valves on the turbomax (older models anyway) are terrible

Jclegg7297 said:
Thanks it`s done this from original install, will check out local service installers

There is something seriously wrong here.

How can anyone believe that the boiler was installer in 2005 and has been used without it giving any hot water? No one in their right ming would pay the installer if the boiler did not work!

The problem is almost certainly going to be the diverter sticking but they did not do that when first installed.

I really cannot believe that its been accepted and used for two years without DHW unless the owner is a Rambo type who prefers to wash in cold water! In that case he would not need a boiler at all though!

Tony

Thanks for the replies. Let me make this a little clearer. I am doing this for a single young woman, who has had this problem since new. The kitchen sink, nearest boiler is fine. The handbasin in bathroom is reasonable, but the bath wont fill with hot water. I`m just trying to get some clues before we call in an installer so she wont be paying over the top. I

Fair enough but a warranty call would have been/is free :confused: 2 year warranty on these boilers :)

Thanks, I think warranty still valid until end march, will enquire with Vaillant

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back