valliant Eco tec plus 637 S.30 code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I have a Vallient eco tect which expired its 2year warranty in June! I had a new bathroom fitted and took the radiator off the wall. When we replaced I never checked to see if it was working as it was warm!! it was chilly the other night so for 1st time put the heating on, and noticed the radiator wasn’t on but others were. I bled all the radiators, re pressured system, ( the system was off!) . Switched back on ALL ok!

Warmer weather turned heating back off! I put the heating back on last night and all the rads were on but not the rad in the bathroom. So i again checked if air was in but nothing this morning when the timer was set for the heating to come on we had nothing. Had to go to work and when i came home tonight i check the boiler and its giving the S.30 code which no heating demand from external controls but i have turned all rads to max They all have TVRs expect hall. The thermostat is a Siemens RDD10 its telling me its calling for heat as the little triangle is on i switch of reset switched boiler off reset! but nothing. I have hot water its fine. I moved the manual switch on the honey well for the heating but again nothing from it? Could it be a faulty honeywell ?

I’m not sure of a reliable heating engineer, as it was my uncle who fitted originally but now lives over seas, so cant call on him!!! any ideas would anyone recommend i take out the cover with Valliant. I had to call them twice due to a faulty pump on the new boiler and wasn’t massively impressed ......................but maybe i was unlucky??
any advice

Sponsored Links
You could link out terminals 3 & 4 on the pcb. The boiler will no doubt then fire up, as Kev says this is an external control problem

whilst watching Tudors! the heating came on then went off! for 5 mins!!!

how do check weather comp??? im confident its not the timer as i put onto constant but got nothing?

how do i link out terminals 3 & 4 on the pcb? i would this mean i need a new siemans? if so what brand thermostat do you recommend?

Sponsored Links
S30
would indicate a room stat problem to me as it is the code for open circuit between 3 & 4 on the PCB connections.

Many thanks for your advice...
I don't feel confident with "altering the PCB" connections as Im not sure which bits im to touch! I guessing it the white box where the wire from the thermostat wiring goes into....but again i might be having a blonde moment and its somewhere else!

I put the honeywell box onto to overide this morning and radomley the rads all came on ......then went off about 10 mins later then came back on....all except for the one in the bathroom which hasnt come back on since it was removed to tile behind. I can feel the hot water in the pipes ( when the system does come on) next to the TVR but its not going into the rad........ do you think this could be the cause? could they be air in the system?

im just going to have to pick the yellow pages and dip!!! AND HOPE I DONT GET SKANKED!!! i wish my uncle lived in Leeds would be alot easier
The system cost and arm and leg to buy . ( complete new installations and heatre water tank pipes etc......) i have had nothing but problems!!ARGHHHHHHHHHHH

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back