Vectra main bulb changed but still won't work ?

Tried cleaning connection .didnt work ,also checked and there is no power at the bulb connection so looks like a broken cable some where ...will it be ok to take a feed from the working main beam to power the one that's. It working ,will the cable be ok to take this too ...cheers

Sponsored Links
It seems that some Vectras have separate fuses for the LH and RH main beams.....do you have a handbook for yours?
John :)

That would be logical, you would not want all lights to fail at 80 mph !

Id be careful wiring the 2 lamps from one side as you may be on the limit of the cable, if you do go down that road id recommend putting a relay in with a new supply from the battery, it may still cause the warning system to flag a fault but you may be able to live with this if its on anyway.

Sponsored Links
Only fuse I've found for lights is in engine bay area next to battery, all seem ok from checking, when I get chance il clean terminal up on bulb connection n see if that works, looked in book but only mentions one fuse for lighting, it's a 55 plate 1.9 cdi vectra

Id be careful wiring the 2 lamps from one side as you may be on the limit of the cable, if you do go down that road id recommend putting a relay in with a new supply from the battery, it may still cause the warning system to flag a fault but you may be able to live with this if its on anyway.

See what you mean, I was just guna put a splitter on working cable n feed it to non working one. But not sure as you mentioned coukd be too much for cable

Its a shot in the dark but try disconnecting the battery for 30 mins, make sure you have radio codes etc first.
Cant think what else it would be other than issues with the lighting control module.

Sponsored Links
Back