vented direct hot water cylinder expansion problems

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
Should always have access to the whole property!

I fitted a lever valve under a bath isolating H&C to further rooms which were not yet fully plumbed.

Silly builders turned valve on for no obvious reason! They were English too!

What's the volume of the cylinder mate? Is there a secondary circulation pump fitted?

James.

I'll give you a clue it's not difficult:

Volume I.e. 120 litres.

Secondary circulation (bronze or stainless steel) circulators (pumps) can still be fitted to a direct cylinder.

James.

James bear in mind were not idiots only looking initially for other possibilities that we have overlooked. ..I know what volume means

Hooray! You found it. :D

Cylinder is a bit small, is it, for a small hotel? How many taps and shower mixer do it serve?

And cold water come from main?

Bear in mind that the temperature of hot water need to be at 60c to prevent legionella and blending valve at end user / thermostat control mixer at shower.

Daniel.

Seeing as you are not idiots, you will of course fitted a full bore isolation valve where the DHW tees from the expansion. Allowing you to close the valve, I.e. eliminating any exterior influences such as TMV's, mixer taps, mixer showers, etc.

If problem continues, isolate the ball valve. Remove some water from the CWS (10 litres should be ample).

Then come back with findings.

James.

James ive been time served since 1984 appreciate your thoughts but ive never fitted a gatevalve or isolation to anywhere on the dhw draw off of my poss 1000 hot water cylinders...just not the done thing mate but unless your only suggesting for investigation purposes.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back