vented direct hot water cylinder expansion problems

I suppose you've also fitted non-return valves to the cold feeds to your 1000 cylinder installs?

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

If you've installed 1000 cylinders, you should be asking yourself why this hasn't been diagnosed. As indicated earlier, by fitting a NRV to the cold feed, the expansion that takes place in the cylinder as the hot water heats up cannot go anywhere but up through the vent. The fact that you couldn't answer my simple question at the first attempt begs the question do you really know what's happening?

I'm sorry to sound harsh, but this is basic Level 2 Plumbing, it ain't rocket science. I don't care how many years experience you claim to have, but personally, I'd be embarrassed to claim to be a professional and ask such a question.

If you think my ideas are inadequate for your 30years of experience then I apologise, but as all pro's would appreciate, they are only ideas until your physically stood in front of the job.

Good luck pal!

James.

Sponsored Links
James this has been solved as suspected faulty mixing valve, sorry pal but irs a no no to fitting any isolation valve to hw draw off ....basic common sense hope youve not fitted any. Or it raises eyeyebrows why you would be giving out dangerous suggestion ...not rocket science

So whyat would be the problem in fitting a temp swing non return valve. Of course in your professional opinion

Ide be ashamed in giving any body advise to fitting a isolation valve to hw draw off
dickheads like you give half decent engineers a bad name...back to college son and decide if you were taught to fit these valves to a cylinder
I wasnt

Sponsored Links
An English lesson would be nice place to start for you my friend. Fitting a valve on the hot water supply (after the tee for the vent) was obviously only a temporary measure. Maybe I should remove all iso valves from underneath any hot water taps as this is a no no? :LOL:

As said, the valve would only have been temporary to aid diagnosis as there is no point in having a valve there for permanent use.

Oh and try joining the CC, in there you can ask silly questions without the non professionals knowing.

Hope you have a good Easter.

James.

Plumbers don't need English GCSEs. That's only needed for police, council workers, government departments. Not for McDonalds or plumbers!

At least one I know has a degree in English! But he blames his bad written English on his autocorrect!

He may not be gas registered so unable to join the CC !

Maybe that explains why so many MI's are not read by the installers?

James.

I don't think that is why!

There seems to be a general understanding that you only read the instructions when you get stuck!

The IKEA instructions now seem to be designed for plumbers! They don't use any words, just little pictures with some ticked and others crossed out!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back