VENTURI SHOWER

Chrishutt-u haven't helped me-all I know is:
1. Have to replace the croydex with a trevi boost
2. U haven't answered IF there is an alternative to venturi.
3. the construction of the water system in England is ridiculous and complicated so therefore people from other countries need advice on the system-which u haven't given totally.
4. what is the difference between a trevi therm ex[posed and a trevi boost-again not answered.
5. and how do u measure water pressure and why would the trevi boost be different to the croydex.
6. I think the pipes are 15mm but its hard to tell-I am not into pipes.
6. never had a shower problem in Australia-as they are normal-even a house built in 1950 (old for australian standards) had a large shower rose and a normal plumming system with two taps coming out of the wall-none of this exposed pipes-why oh why are the pipes exposed?

Sponsored Links
diybot said:
Chrishutt- the construction of the water system in England is ridiculous and complicated so therefore people from other countries need advice
OK, this is how you do it -
hotwater5se2Ejpg.jpg

Simple enough for you?

diybot said:
Softus-what sort of name is that, anyway?
It's a sort of user name. Like diybot is a user name. :confused:

That is really rude--U are insulting again-u dont get it do u-Yes I know its a trevi boost-
You don't know it yet, or you wouldn't still be asking about a Trevi Therm.

Its not a blockage-Let me tell it slowly-I turned the Dial and it made a srange noise and now it doesn't supply water-that tells me its b r o k e n
My cat makes strange noises all the time, but it isn't broken.

This is why you need to engage a plumber.
well is that u?
If you're asking if I run a plumbing business, then the answer is that I do.

I wouldn't employ u-as u would insult me-
Nobody employs me - I'm self-employed.

Even if the principles were explained to you, you wouldn't read them
Oh I can read-very well thankyou
There is overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

Ok answer this-what is the difference between a trevi boost and a trevi therm expoed? can actually tell me or will u insult me again for not knowing?
The Boost is a venturi valve, the Therm is a mixer valve that requires balanced supplies. Both are thermostatic.

and what higher education have u completed?
As well as it being irrelevant, that's not something I feel any need to discuss here.

Ah very funny, a sense of humour-but notice how u actually didn't really comment-in fact I am working on a third degree-a masters of education-do u know what that is? Or will I need to read that
WTF?

I thougt England was different to Australia-I think I am wrong-it certainly has changed-this wouldn't have happened years ago-
It was just a simple question-why do u behave like this?So every plumbing probelm u have to employ a plumber no matter what-isn't that defeating the idea of DIY? Isn't that the name of this forum?Maybe DIYNOT is a good name!
If you really think that every questioner is advised to engage a plumber then you haven't read many of the topics on the forum. Many quite complex issues are faced with only a keyboard and screen to communicate. However, the people posting useful information have a right to feel motivated by the idea that their freely given time is well spent. I challange you to name one poster in whom you've engendered that feeling.

I have read it -u dont have to be rude-I understand I just want to clarify it-but because u are insulting and dont care about I am now of the opinion that this is a aste of time because if I dare ask for your advice i need to bow-its the attitude thats stinks not the advice and these school boy bantering on these forums thats quite childish.....
being a fine art that figures-ah right so I have to be a P L U M M E R-hope that wasn't too fast-amazing-u have to be something in order to be accepted-very interesting-so what wrong with fine art-can any of u do it-oh maybe u want some advice some day-I think not!
When you've finished your rant, you might be surprised to hear that one of my very best friends, and former colleague, gained a degree in Fine Art two years ago, and is now a teacher. Similarly, I haven't always been a plumber, as is the case with many forum members. I have nothing against you personally, but I do take issue with the fact that you're causing the same information to be given to you over and over again.

SO I SAY AGAIN DO U WANT TO HELP ME OR NOT OT SHOULD WE JUST LEAVE IT AT THAT BECAUSE I WANT TO RENOVATE HOUSES IN THE FUTURE WHICH I will do sucessfully and might require plumming advice like central heating-but if its going to be this puffy feather job I not interested-I just want to get on with it
You seem to think that I need to prove whether or not I want to help you. I don't. If you want to keep posting here, then please do. If you don't, then please don't. I don't mind either way.

do u know how to design lets say a bathroom?
Yes. But I don't want to design yours, because you appear not to listen.

I mean u might be able to install it-but do u know how to stage it?
Yes. Amongst other things I'm a professional project manager, so I can project manage a bathroom installation whilst standing on my head.

Funny I do-want any advice on this or should I be rude aswell.
I dunno - it's up to you whether or not you're rude - all I'm asking is that you stop asking which shower valve you should fit.

Sponsored Links
diybot said:
Chrishutt-u haven't helped me-all I know is:
1. Have to replace the croydex with a trevi boost
2. U haven't answered IF there is an alternative to venturi.

Power shower, requires electric cupply qualification to fit in a special location, 4mm bonding to the cpc and the exposed pipes and all other necesary bits. Requires notification and certification, especially as you are considering selling.
diybot said:
3. the construction of the water system in England is ridiculous and complicated so therefore people from other countries need advice on the system-which u haven't given totally.
4. what is the difference between a trevi therm ex[posed and a trevi boost-again not answered.
Trevi boost (and any other venturi shower) utilises the power of the cold water mains to draw hot water of a grtavity system so gving you an excellent shower.
diybot said:
5. and how do u measure water pressure and why would the trevi boost be different to the croydex.
with a pressure guage of about 10 bar maximum range, better construction.
diybot said:
6. I think the pipes are 15mm but its hard to tell-I am not into pipes.
a millimeter is the same size in UK as it is in Australia, rulers are available from the sweet shop.
diybot said:
6. never had a shower problem in Australia-as they are normal-even a house built in 1950 (old for australian standards) had a large shower rose and a normal plumming system with two taps coming out of the wall-none of this exposed pipes-why oh why are the pipes exposed?

Exposed pipework is easier for you diy guys to cope with, can't you see that?

I'm obviously pants at quotes, perhaps someone with fine art skills could help me?

I go the advice from Croydex to buy a trevi boost anyway wanted clarification-forget it-wow what alot of losers-

What alot of smartarses get lost
blah blah u can keep your crappy advice-what a cheek-bye

diybot said:
I go the advice from Croydex to buy a trevi boost anyway
So I wasn't far wrong when I suspected that this was a wind-up. :rolleyes:

I wanted clarification-forget it-wow what alot of losers-
Yes indeed - we are losers because we failed to clarify the advice that you received from Croydex.

What alot of smartarses get lost
blah blah u can keep your rubbishy advice-what a cheek-bye
And that's what they call closure! :evil:

U still keep going dont u------------
U just dont get i-i find these forums impossible to do because these so called "professionals" are threatened when people want to do it themselves-why be so precious? I cant engage with people who degrade u because they dont understand-how about "I dont want to answer people who are not in the business"-just say yes thats true and we will leave it at that-if thats what u feel, fine but i thought this wasn't a prejudicial platform but obviously I am wrong-croydex just told me the type of shower and I wanted to clarify this with so called "experts"-Its like saying on "question time" dont ask us questions because we are politicians and dont want to share anything unless youved PROVED thats u are worthy of receiving advice in the club-maybe u should tell people this first on these forums so idiots like myself dont ask stupid repetive questions-its called trying to LEARN but ofcourse we wouldn't want too many learning or there goes the business-so maybe the business people should have their own forums and they can show off how big their shower heads are-meanwhile us ignorant can have a seperate one where people want to generally BE PATIENT and answer questions without being degrading or rude-I still dont know how to replace this shower-I just wan to take the croydex off and out another shower in its place that it-not rebuild the house

Blimey, he's back!

diybot said:
U still keep going dont u------------
U just dont get i-i find these forums impossible to do because these so called "professionals" are threatened when people want to do it themselves-why be so precious?
To be a little more kindly, for a moment: if you have a quick look at the way other novices ask questions, then you'll find that you're wrong.

I cant engage with people who degrade u because they dont understand-how about "I dont want to answer people who are not in the business"-just say yes thats true and we will leave it at that
It's not true. :evil:

if thats what u feel, fine but i thought this wasn't a prejudicial platform but obviously I am wrong
You're wrong - you were, er, right.

croydex just told me the type of shower and I wanted to clarify this with so called "experts"-Its like saying on "question time" dont ask us questions because we are politicians and dont want to share anything unless youved PROVED thats u are worthy of receiving advice in the club
How do you explain the fact that you've received the same answer from Croydex and on the three different topics on which you've asked the same basic question?

maybe u should tell people this first on these forums so idiots like myself dont ask stupid repetive questions
Since you've used the word, I feel justified in pointing that there aren't any other idiots like you!

-its called trying to LEARN but ofcourse we wouldn't want too many learning or there goes the business-so maybe the business people should have their own forums and they can show off how big their shower heads are-meanwhile us ignorant can have a seperate one where people want to generally BE PATIENT and answer questions without being degrading or rude-I still dont know how to replace this shower-I just wan to take the croydex off and out another shower in its place that it-not rebuild the house
Then guess what - you should take the Croydex off, and FIT A TREVI BOOST.

Tell you what - here's a suggestion of how to ask (perhaps chrishutt or Paul would kindly do the honours?)...

--- begin example ---

[code:1]Hi, I'm a new member and a plumbing novice. I have a Croydex venturi valve that I believe to be faulty. I'd like to replace the valve with the same model, but the manufacturer says that it's out of production.

Can anyone recommend an alternative valve? You might need to know that the two pipes that supply the Croydex are exposed, and I think they're 15mm diameter.

Many thanks in anticipation of your help.
diybot[/code:1]

--- end example ---

Get a Trevi Boost exposed pipework, if the centres are different (using terminology here that someone who has built an extension would understand) you might need to go into the loft make a new hole and pass one of the pipes through that one instead.

It sound slike your pipes are 15mm, the Trevi Boost requires 22mm, so here is what you do, either pass 22mm pipes down from the loft or use special olives inside the 22mm compression fitting to accomodate 22mm pipe.

You can determine which pipe you have with a ruler.

Wow Paul - that's a really fast and really helpful answer. One technical question - do the special olives accept 22mm pipe, or did you mean to say 15mm?

The thought of this project does raise a few more questions, but I think I'll walk before I run.

Can the Trevi Boost be installed by a novice, or should I really be engaging a professional to do this? I have some experience with house construction, so I'd really like to have a bash myself.

Is this too ambitious? Could I come back here and consult you if I get stuck?

Thanks again for giving your time and advice so freely.

www.diytop.bot

maybe I should bow first-
"plumbing novice"-so I am lesser then because u have tagged me as a something.....
"Hi, I'm a new member(stating the obvious) and a plumbing novice(idiot). I have a Croydex venturi valve that I believe to be faulty( or maybe its blocked or maybe has suffered a nuclear meltdown-thats a statement of fact. how would i know I a plumming novice as u said). I'd like to replace the valve with the same model, but the manufacturer says that it's out of production ( how would i know that-u didn't say this-it probally is

Can anyone recommend an alternative valve? (again I am a plumming novice(idiot) so How would i Know what a valve is?) You might need to know that the two pipes that supply the Croydex are exposed, and I think they're 15mm diameter-i have said this already.

diybot " ( yes thats called being polite-why could u respond to me like this in the first place :
instead of being smartarse just reply with the knowledge u have if u dont know say so-if u dont know that there is a alternative to the venturi system, say so -u forgot to add the water pressure-as i am a plumming novice which shouldn't have to be mentioned as this is a DIY forum-what u said has clarified the idea of "in-club"-
ok so can we start again with some mutual respect:could u then answer:
"Hi, I'm a new member and a plumbing novice. I have a Croydex venturi valve that I believe to be faulty. I'd like to replace the valve with the same model, but the manufacturer says that it's out of production.

Can anyone recommend an alternative valve? You might need to know that the two pipes that supply the Croydex are exposed, and I think they're 15mm diameter.
and is water pressure an issue
diybot

or not?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back