Verit

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi there, new on the forum so apologies if missed any etiquette - although i did scan this forum before posting and couldn't see an obvious recent title...so here goes...

moved into a house recently and having been given the code by the previous owner (must change it at some point!) I've been merrily setting the alarm on the way out of the house for a few months...i.e. i enter the code and press FULL, and whilst the controller and main box are beeping i exit the house before it fully activates...or so i thought! i returned home the other day and could hear the beeps were still continuing since i had left the house...whereas i thought it was my re-entry which had caused the beeping to recommence, giving me a short period of time to deactivate it...In other words, i dont think it has ever been actively active...

All i can say is that it is a Veritas keypad and the UNSET light is permanently lit. Any help appreciated...Im not sure how to get into the main box but it has a green light showing...Ive read that there is a battery in this unit which is often to blame for issues although i havent read a post which says a duff battery is responsible for this kind of symptom...

Image of controller and box uploaded to my album.

Den.

Sponsored Links
So if you set the system with your code press FULL keep still ..what light are on the panel ? 1 to 8 ?

sorry, yes, should've said...Whilst setting, Just zone 1 shows up as solid red, along with solid green Unset light....along with the beeps - all of which continues until i enter the code again.

Sponsored Links
OK, is that an educated hunch or is that specifically what happens with a faulty door contact? do you mean like a loose wire or misaligned contact? There are several door with contacts on them...is there any way i can test them individually?

Yes. Sorry crystal ball broken ! All depends on how it was wired ! Do you have a zone list ? If not it's a two man job , close all doors set system see what zone light comes on when each door is opened or detector lit up.

Chances are the front door contact has become damp and corroded.

If in doubt, change it for new one and see if that sorts it.

No zone list unfortunately.

i have door contacts on the front door and one other door (leading to the garage). I will check them both out - I presume these contacts are typically generic - i.e. i dont need a particular brand/type.

Thanks for all the help so far...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back