very cold downstairs toilet

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hi my house is about 1979 built, and has cavity walls, which are filled with insulation. The downstairs toilet is always very cold. It has 2 out side walls, one to the front and the longer one to the side. The rear, where the toilet is mounted is internal and the door side is internal. It has a little window in it as well. The rest of the house heats up ok, but this does not. We have warm air heating so no rad in here, but we leave the door open to warm it, but it dont do much good. Any ideas please?

Sponsored Links
a very small electrical heater is the best thing I can think of. You can get a "tubular heater" which is very cheap to run and may only be 250 watts or so - they are so cheap that it is not worth buying a thermostat.

An electrical heater with stat is likely to cost about £25 but will also be more powerful. At this time of year I see Tesco are selling them cheap.

Sponsored Links
It's cold because it's on exposed corner of house.I would not fit a feeble heater as it will do little to help, a powerful fan heater wall mouted will heat the small area very quickly so you will only need to turn on while the room is in use.Much more cost effective.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back