Video wont come out!!!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a Toshiba SD-22VB video/dvd player and a video is stuck in it.When i press the eject button the machine turns itself off :cry:.I would be grateful if anyone knows what is wrong with it???

Sponsored Links
last time this happend to me the [panasonic]video had chewed up the tape the solution i found was unplug vidio remove top unwind pullout tape from round the mechanism carefully cutting of extra tape as nessesery
and hopfully when you turn it on and press eject it will work

Thanks for that big-all i will try that and see what happens.

If opening up the machine to disentangle the tape, bear in mind -

Don't use any metallic implements in the vicinity of the tape mechanism.
Don't touch the tape head drum with your fingers
Try not to touch the tape, either - use some plastic or wooden implement if needed to manipulate the tape free. Plastic spoons, cocktail sticks, chopsticks etc

If you need to manually wind the tape back into the cassette, you need to poke a small implement into the central hole on the base of the tape to release the hub locks ....

Best o' luck...

Sponsored Links
Thanks for that GRC,i will bear in mind what you have said ;)

Oh, and despite the warnings about unplugging from the mains before opening up the unit; you'll have to have power supplied to it for the eject to work - so, unplug whilst you disentangle, then plug in to press eject would be safest.

Regards, Graham

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back