Viessmann advice pls compare 100W vs 200W models

What don't you get about hopeless German engineering and extortionate spares prices :rolleyes:

It's a case of weighing up the pros and cons of each make AND model and making a compromise.

If it's an Ideal I would go for the Logic range...they've been out a long time and have relatively few issues. I wouldn't touch the Vogue range...they use the French Gianonni heat exchanger and if the system water isn't spotless they are more prone to problems....and warranties are unlikely to be honoured. Ideal are a French owned company...ignore the made in the UK...what they mean is assembled in the UK from 90% imported parts.
Okay. Thanks for the replies. Glad you fellas are still around!
What’s your favourite Combi ‘Gasguru’ and yours ‘Muggles’ if you don’t mind me asking??
Im looking at the 30 to 32kw power range.
Thanks again!!

Sponsored Links
I fit Intergas @Jay Kay
Proven heat exchanger with over 20 years using the same basic design
Only four moving parts - far fewer than any other combi boiler - and so inherently more reliable. It doesn't, for example, have a diverter valve fitted which is why I can 100% guarantee that they've never had one fail! The pump only runs for central heating - all other boilers run the pump for both heating and hot water, significantly increasing wear and tear, as well as your electricity bill.

Look at the Xclusive 30, and my recommendation would be a Honeywell T6 smart stat to control it via the high-efficiency OpenTherm protocol. Comes with a 10-year warranty

Intergas are being talked up just like Viessmann were a few years ago. Never seen an intergas so can't comment with first hand knowledge, its just that niche brands seem all well & good until they fail,( J&S Reno anyone ?) Ideal sell more boilers in the UK than any other maker, the failures may be low % wise of total units but are so easy to work on & repair, I loved them.You will never get a definitive answer to whats best but most would concur as to the worst. I'd have the Logic.

Sponsored Links
I fit Intergas @Jay Kay
Proven heat exchanger with over 20 years using the same basic design
Only four moving parts - far fewer than any other combi boiler - and so inherently more reliable. It doesn't, for example, have a diverter valve fitted which is why I can 100% guarantee that they've never had one fail! The pump only runs for central heating - all other boilers run the pump for both heating and hot water, significantly increasing wear and tear, as well as your electricity bill.

Look at the Xclusive 30, and my recommendation would be a Honeywell T6 smart stat to control it via the high-efficiency OpenTherm protocol. Comes with a 10-year warranty

Thankyou for you reply Muggles! It’s very much appreciated..!
Sorry for taking so long to get back..
I’ve actually had one local Installer recommend the Intergas Gas Combi Boiler, over the phone. He’s coming out end of next week to quote me. He’s accredited too, so can offer an extended Warranty.
Before I speak to him, will the Xclusive 30 be the best for my needs? (3 Bed Semi, with one Bathroom with bath/shower: But it’s been extended so has 12 Radiators and a WC downstairs)
Good Mains pressure from outside.
Is the Xclusive 30 equal or better, power wise and water output wise, to the Vitodens 200-30kw.. And is it the top of the range Combi Boiler Intergas make to fit my needs? (30kw-ish range)
I’ve read Intergas might have a problem with limescale? Is that still true?
..And if the pump only works for the Central Heating side, how does it get the Hot Water to the taps, under pressure? (Unless, ingeniously, they somehow use the Mains Pressure to do it!??)
Any help or advice beforehand would be greatly appreciated. Thankyou very much for your time..

Unless, ingeniously, they somehow use the Mains Pressure to do it!??)

No genious involved. The heat exchanger has two water cicuits. One for the water that is pumped around the radiator system and the second one for hot water. The hot water circuit is fed with water direct from the mains ( maybe via a pressure reducer ). When a hot water tap is opened and water flows the boiler detects the flow and fires up the boiler.

The long version video about patents and manufacturing is HERE

If you have space for a hot water cylinder then avoid having a combi as they are not as efficient in real life as they are in the test laboratories.

No genious involved. The heat exchanger has two water cicuits. One for the water that is pumped around the radiator system and the second one for hot water. The hot water circuit is fed with water direct from the mains ( maybe via a pressure reducer ). When a hot water tap is opened and water flows the boiler detects the flow and fires up the boiler.

The long version video about patents and manufacturing is HERE

If you have space for a hot water cylinder then avoid having a combi as they are not as efficient in real life as they are in the test laboratories.
Thankyou kindly ‘bernardgreen’ for taking the time to reply. (And for clarifying the Hot Water Pump/Mains workings for me!)
Unfortunately I don’t have the space for a hot water cylinder, otherwise I’d definitely go that route..
Just wondering; Out of the Vitodens 200 30kw and the Intergas Xclusive, which one would you prefer?
I know you guys hate these kind of questions, as I know everyone has their own personal ‘favourites’.
..But it’d be a BIG help for me, deciding between the two..
Also, their other offering, the ‘Xtreme’ Combi Boiler is, I believe a step above the Xclusive, with an extra heat exchanger and a higher hot water output but has a warranty of ‘only’ 7 years, 3 years less than the Xclusive.
Would I be better off, do you think, sticking to the Xclusive (with 10yr Warranty) or pay a little extra for the Xtreme..?
I’d certainly appreciate the extra hot water. Even though my home is just a 3 bed semi (with 1 bathroom/shower but 12 Radiators and a downstairs W/C..)
Again, thankyou SO MUCH, for taking the time to reply.
It is Very Much Appreciated!!

What bit don't you get about extortionate Viessmann spares and ridiculously over complex engineering. :rolleyes:

Just wondering; Out of the Vitodens 200 30kw and the Intergas Xclusive, which one would you prefer?

No Comment as I have no experience of either.

If I had to chose a combi boiler I would choose one with the least mass of metal in the heat exchanger. This would be to achieve the best efficiency in real life operation. ( as opposed to test lab operation )

Last edited:
I'd like to think decades of boiler experience on all makes/models counts a bit more than 1 Viessmann owners opinion.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back