Viessmann advice pls compare 100W vs 200W models

Sponsored Links
It's implied they are so reliable :sneaky:
I have a chat with Viessmann a few times a year at the trade events...each time they promise to drop their extortionate spares cost...and they never do.

What bit don't you get about extortionate Viessmann spares and ridiculously over complex engineering. :rolleyes:

Lol!! Thanks Gasguru for your reply, It IS appreciated, thankyou.
I do understand your point and have taken it on board. But it seems to me, all Combi-Boilers have there good and bad points.
That’s probably why there’s so much diverse opinion. I am willing to take the risk of expensive spare parts (with the caveat that their build quality and reliability will make the likelihood of needing them less likely.. - Hopefully!!)

No Comment as I have no experience of either.

If I had to chose a combi boiler I would choose one with the least mass of metal in the heat exchanger. This would be to achieve the best efficiency in real life operation. ( as opposed to test lab operation )

Thanks “bg”. There’s no way for me to discern that. (Which hx’s have the least metal - I even tried googling it! lol)
I know the Stainless Steel hx by Viessmann is thought of highly by many.
And that Intergas’s design is very different. (And Aluminium)
Which would you say qualifies as having the least metal out of these two?
Sorry for all these questions! I feel like a pest to be honest!

PS Just wondering if you fellas have come across this Survey, taken from 600 qualified Gas Safe Installers..
It’s really interesting. Take a look..
Intergas do quite well, but their newer X range of boilers are not included.
Surveyed on everything from:
‘Manufacturer After-Care’; ‘Build Quality’; to ‘Ease of Servicing’ and ‘Spare Parts Value for Money’..

https://www.newboiler.co.uk/best-boiler-survey/

The Viessmann 200 took top spot and Intergas came 2nd, 3rd and 4th for:
“Best Build Quality” For Combi Boilers.
(The Ideal Vogue Boiler came 4th)
And Intergas took the top 3 spots for “Best Overall Value for Money” (Combi Boiler category)

Valiant & Worcester Bosch (1st and 2nd) Hands Down winners by ‘a country mile’! For “Installer recommendation for Combi Boiler when Money no object”
(Veismann 3rd & Ideal 4th!!)

Last edited:
Oh dear, you're very naive.
Corruption is rife...installers get kickbacks to push boilers, your average installers knows little about the inside of the box, magazine testing/surveys are woefully inadequate...often equating to just a few months of use.
There's nothing better about Viessmann design that makes then particularly more reliable. Just like many other manufacturers they buy in most boiler parts from standard OEM suppliers. The primary heat exchangers are unique but not without issues...the tight radius connections being vulnerable to debris if the system's not thoroughly clean. Fans are from EBM...the same manufacturer that supplies 95% of other boiler manufacturers...the difference being Viessmans insistence of complicating the matter by using a CAN bus data bus..that no one else deems necessary. The hydraulics are from Grundfos and again they over complicate the design by using KM bus..no one else does. And so it goes on...

Sponsored Links
Stainless Steel hx by Viessmann
Intergas’s design is very different.
Which would you say qualifies as having the least metal out of these two?

I believe that the Viessman uses a spiral tube made of stainless steel ( as does my Johnson and Starley boiler. ) The intergas has copper tube and a slab of aluminium.
The efficiency is reduced by the need to heat the metal ( thin wall tube or tube + slab ) before any heat can reach the water. When the water stops flowing and the flames turn off the heat in the metal disipates. Some of it being lost via the flue. ,

I feel like a pest to be honest!
It would help to improve the industry if more people were pests and asked questions which motivated installers to question the marketing hype produced by manufacturers.

Corruption is rife...installers get kickbacks to push boilers, your average installers knows little about the inside of the box
Very true. And many installers do not have the nesessary knowledge of thermal engineering to correctly evaluate the real life performance of the boilers they are promoting.

Thanks for your replies guys. For fellas like you to come on here, in your own time and share your hard earned knowledge with us laymen should be applauded.
I myself very much appreciate it.
Thanks for your advice fellas.

Owning a Viessmann Vitodens 222-F B2SB (130L boiler) since March 2017...
I am extremely satisfied with both comfort and consumption...
Had a Vitoconnect installed at the same time which extended the total warranty to 5 years...(Radial heat exchanger has a standard warranty of 10 years)
WC takes little getting used to and the level of settings is quite impressive...
Once you get the hang of it...they will allow you to absolutely tweak the system to your liking...
Needless to say I recommend it...it is in my opinion worth the price tag...

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back