Viessmann Vitodens 200-W, Honeywell Rondostat HR20E

What a dreadful installation! Pipes buried in screeding!

In that case the Rondostats would seem to be the best solution.

I like to see ALL pipework accessible in ducts with removable covers! Thats my best engineering practice!

Tony

Sponsored Links
What a dreadful installation! Pipes buried in screeding!

In that case the Rondostats would seem to be the best solution.

I like to see ALL pipework accessible in ducts with removable covers! Thats my best engineering practice!

Tony

I quite agree, unfortunately when this house and extension were built, it was common practice to inter pipes in screed, often bare pipes, or inadequately covered in felt, leading to many cases of underfloor corrosion and leaks, expected here at any time, and giving lots of unnecessary work to plumbers!

Cheers

It is also unable to heat CH and HW simultaneously, and HW always has priority.

Do realise my two penerth may be a bit late in the debate but the boiler is quite caperble of heating a cylinder and the CH at the same time.

But it can get much better efficiancy, ie less of your £1-00p of gas going out of the flue if its set up on a DHW priority.

Fitting the Viessmann Vitotronic 200 Part Number 7193 952 to your boiler would allow you to select a maximum weather compensated boiler flow temperature by your selecting the most suitable curve to suite you.

So in effect you would enable your appliance to run efficiently in CH and trimming out individual room temperatures with TRV (electronic or other wise)

Tim

Sponsored Links
Fitting the Viessmann Vitotronic 200 Part Number 7193 952 to your boiler would allow you to select a maximum weather compensated boiler flow temperature by your selecting the most suitable curve to suite you.

So in effect you would enable your appliance to run efficiently in CH and trimming out individual room temperatures with TRV (electronic or other wise)

Tim

Thanks Tim,

I do have the 200 controller, it comes as part of the £158 WC package, so I have already been through all the curve setting experience. Unfortunately the existing controller fitted becomes redundant. I have no complaints about the efficiency/economy of the boiler, just my previously expressed concerns.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back