viessmann vitotrol 150

I've changed all the codings that would appear to have any relevance to pump control but no joy.

Now i don't expect anyone to answer this but does this indicate a faulty controller or what?

I would say that the boiler coding is keeping the pump running
I'm not so sure about your boiler but if it uses the same coding as a viodens 200 then it may be coding A5 that is keeping the pump running
in its delivered default state A5:= 5 which means that if the outside temp is greater than the set room temp +1k then the pump switches off, which also means if the outside temp is less than the current set room temp (very likely) then it will be running
use the following table to set it
A5:
0 = heating pump logic off
1 AT > RTset + 5 K
2 AT > RTset + 4 K
3 AT > RTset + 3 K
4 AT > RTset + 2 K
5 AT > RTset + 1 K
6 AT > RTset
7AT > RTset - 1 K
to
15 AT > RTset - 9 K

Matt

Sponsored Links
i mistakenly refered to my controller as a vitotrol 150 in the title when it is in fact a VITOTRONIC 150...and no, i don't think they are used in the uk market.

i have tried recoding A5 but to no avail. back last winter i could tell you from memory which codes did what but i'm only just getting back into trying to solve this problem so i've forgotten most of the details. all i do know is that nothing i've tried has fixed it. this year i'm going to keep a log of all i do and see if that helps.

also, i have fitted a vitotrol 200 room stat/control. if the reason for constant water circulation is to sense room temp then wouldn't the presence of the stat tell the pump not to bother? or is the water circulation/temp sensing theory incorrect? it certainly makes more sense than a supposed gain in heating response times.

i mistakenly refered to my controller as a vitotrol 150 in the title when it is in fact a VITOTRONIC 150...and no, i don't think they are used in the uk market.

i have tried recoding A5 but to no avail.

Hi, I was referring to boiler coding not your vitotronic, but as I mentioned the above coding is for a viodens 200, It may or may not be valid for your particular boiler

Matt

the oil boiler i have is a vitola 100 but it is controlled by the vitotronic 150 probably not that different (electronic control-wise) as the boiler you are talking about.
as i said i can't remember all the coding addresses i played around with last year but A5 rings a bell as one of the codings that affect pump operation and i adjusted all of them, that is all of them that i could access. viessmann gave me a list of various coding addreses but i found that not all of them were available to me to adjust.

Sponsored Links
i assumed the vitotrol 200 was a stat (amongst other things) because it tells the boiler control what the room temperature is.
i'll try again to adjust the coding you refer to and i will be a bit more methodical about it this time so i can be sure of what i have done but if adjusting this stops the pump running continuously will it also cause the pump to stop immediately after a heating cycle (as happens when you set reduced room temp to 3 deg C) when there is lots of heat still in the boiler? this is the dilemma i currently can't get round.

perhaps if i ditch the weather compensation it would sort it out?

by the way, thanks for your answers, there doesn't seem to be many people who actually know a great deal about these.

Hi
Just found and joined this site as the proud new (June 2011) owner of a 35 year old French property 150km north of Marseille, with a 2 year old ... yes, you guessed it, Veissmann system. Currently comprises Vitoladens 300 and Vitotronic 200 and I am in the middle of contemplating a Vitocom 100 (to be SMS ed faults) and a Vitotrol 300 - for more control, based on indoor temps.
I have spent hours fathoming this system already and am most/some(?) of the way there (possibly?!). I have TRVs but, like you, don't like/fully understand the purpose of pumping water round at 20deg (by the way your codes should mean it's never less than 20 deg). I am UK most of the time. As winter arrives, my aim, while in UK, is to heat the french house with min energy, so I am wrestling with the 1001 settings! Currently I have gone for 20hours of "setback" at default 3deg frost protection and 5 deg at not less than 35deg flow temp for a couple of hours at 7:00pmish, and 2:00amish, and I am waiting to see if this is adequate. I have the installation manuals in English with all codes etc which are probably similar to yours. I can get the pump to switch off as per the book/manuals but don't like some of the logic. eg I don't like pump noise while I'm sleeping - why do I need it running at all between 10:30pm and 7:00am, say, when I am happy to let the house cool down from 20degrees even if the outside temp hits, say -2 at 7:00pm and bottoms out at,say, -6 at say 3:00am (with day temps of around 15 deg) There are ways of keeping the pump off, which carry risk and involve faffing with codes, hence I am working on seeing if I can achieve what I want with the indoor control (Vitotrol 300) instead. My set up is in the garage under the house. Let me know if you want me to e-mail you any of these manuals.
Cheers
davro

i don't think anyone but the techie geek who wrote the software really knows what the reason is for constant pump operation. i've had a few false dawns when i've thought 'ah that's why it's doing it', adjusted the relevant code and then been disappointed. other times i've found that the code i wanted to adjust doesn't exist/can't be adjusted on my system.

thanks for the offer of manuals and i have the ones for boiler, burner and controller but i would certainly appreciate the one for the vitotrol 200.
send it to johnnyhubbard (at) hotmail.com if you could.
good luck with your system although i wouldn't have thought you'd need any heating down there anyway!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back