Vokera compact 24 SE High Pressure

yes it is a pressure releif valve, and I couldnt give a monkeys fart what you think , anyone can change it, no need to be G3 accredited, stop giving out false information, you do not know what you are talking about

Thanks, I'm not conversant with regulations. I'll be getting someone to do it, not because I'm not competent, I've just not got the time.

I should say I'm a time served Mechanical Engineer, Chartered Engineer, Chartered Marine Engineer, & Fellow in my professional institute. So I a wee bit of competence ...

Sponsored Links
Thanks, I'm not conversant with regulations. I'll be getting someone to do it, not because I'm not competent, I've just not got the time.

I should say I'm a time served Mechanical Engineer, Chartered Engineer, Chartered Marine Engineer, & Fellow in my professional institute. So I a wee bit of competence ...
There are many posts on here telling you how to do it, most important thing is to leave a drain point open through the whole procedure, doesnt take long is simple to do, but do it right and follow all the points, you can not half do it

There are many posts on here telling you how to do it, most important thing is to leave a drain point open through the whole procedure, doesnt take long is simple to do, but do it right and follow all the points, you can not half do it

Sponsored Links
So managed to get a guy to look at this today, he didnt have much time, so heres the summary.
Like IanMcD suggested, he tried to repressurise the expansion vessel, however he reckons water was coming out the vent line when it was getting pumped up? Also, when not in use, the pressure is creeping up, so he reckons it's the heat exchanger that's gone? So I'm in a quandary whether to bite the bullet & replace the heatex, or get another boiler...
He reckons the heatex isnt a big job on this boiler, however it isnt cheap...

Thoughts?

however he reckons water was coming out the vent line when it was getting pumped up
That is what is supposed to happen, get a different engineer , that knows what he is doing,or see if Vokera will do a fixed price repair

Thanls Ian, I will.

What about pressure increasing on it's own with boiler off?

With your boiler , that would only happen with a pin holed Plate heat exchanger, but is not very common, isolate the cold water inlet to your boiler over night, if the pressure doesnt increase then it is not that , if the pressure does increase it is something else , pin holed plate heat exchangers are quite common, but with your boiler it is not a common problem , but can happen

So, the saga continues, sort of. I finally managed to get someone to charge the expansion vessel. However the guy wasn't really interested in checking anything else...

Boiler is working OK, however with winter approaching, I wanted to make sure everything was OK. I followed your advice (IanMcD) and turned boiler off and isolated the DHW mains feed. And monitored it for a few hour's. Pressure remained steady at 1.5 bar. However, when I switched the DHW mains supply back on, the pressure started to increase very slowly.

Could this be a small pin hole leak in the heat exchanger?

yes it could be post a pic of the valve that you use to top the pressure up please

yes it could be post a pic of the valve that you use to top the pressure up please

Engineer pressurised the expansion vessel Ian. Its right on top of the expansion vessel and looks like a tyre schrader valve?

Engineer pressurised the expansion vessel Ian. Its right on top of the expansion vessel and looks like a tyre schrader valve?
No the brass valve below the boiler that you use to top up the water system pressure

No the brass valve below the boiler that you use to top up the water system pressure

Ah ,OK, there's a black isolation valve on the actual boiler for the DHW supply. There's also a 15mm stop clock lower down.

Or do you mean the filling loop?

Last edited:
the filling loop and the blacl lever 3 position valve, they are not all the same

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back