VOKERA EXCELL

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

What do you know, its freezing and my boiler's playing up! I have a Vokera Excell Combi boiler which keeps turning itself off and flashing the "overheat" LCD. It definitely isn't overheating as i'll leave it off for hours before i try again. I've tried to re-set it by turning the switch to 0 waiting ten minutes then trying the re-set button. The reset button however won't come back out. Sometimes i can manage to reset it by tapping on the reset button but its so temperimental. It does occasional turn the central heating and hot water on but more often than not it just trips out again. I have rang an engineer who reckons it could be the main board. Is this right? Is it expensive to fix? Could i order one online and fit it myself? :?:

Sponsored Links
I would not have much confidence in any engineer who automatically assumes every repair is a PCB ( Puma and Suprima boilers excepted ). He sounds like a parts changer!

I would recommend you get a competent engineer who can offer a no-fix no-fee repair.

Tony

Cheers Tony,

To be fair to him he did say that unless it goes completely or I get sick of it, to stick with it. He also said that he'd recently repaired an identical boiler with the same problem. Or is this a tactic thats often used by a parts changer?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back