Vokera Flowmatic 20/80 - Heating box

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I'm expecting the worse with this one! I came in tonight and found my boiler has been leaking all over the kitchen. The water is coming from the silver box in the centre of the boiler (the box that houses the pilot light). I've since turned the boiler off for a few hours, then tried it again, it hasn't started leaking again. It's now been about 40minutes, and it's still not leaked.

One other note, the pressure is sitting at about 2.5 - it states that it should be between 1&1.5. However, it quite often (1-2 times per year) drains to zero, but it seems to be better when it's a higher pressure. Would this have anything to do with what I've seen tonight?

Any ideas how bad a problem this will be for me? Is the bolier finsihed?
Cheers
Theo

Sponsored Links
probably the heat exchanger or the two washers at either side. not difficult or outrageously expensive to fix.

30 mins for a pro, an hour for a clued up DIYer.

Thanks for posting Nickso, are DIY'ers allowed to open the box? Am I able to get the parts online for this?

Sponsored Links
you are "allowed" to do anything you like, would i recommend you do it? probably not.

parts are online.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back