vokera lockout on dhw&ch

gas pressure (manometric)- 37Mbar, opened combustion chamber and reset, boiler ignited repeatedly on demand, shut down as normal, is there an oxygen defficiency problem, someone suggested thermistors, by the time i have replaced them and ntc sensor its a fair bit of trial and error, not to mention collateral, your help is much appreciated-bewildered-Reyjkavik.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
kevplumb, ive no fear of principles of which i understand, assuming fan is drawing ignition will occur in chamber, am i correct

can you advise of the problem please, i am a mechanical fitter without corgi ticket but am looking for advice, cannot get hvac engineer for love nor money

reyjkavik said:
kevplumb, ive no fear of principles of which i understand, assuming fan is drawing ignition will occur in chamber, am i correct

assuming the aps is making to tell the control the fan is running :idea:

i think ill need to check the value of switch to see if proving, it seems you need to be more of a sparky than a plumber to diagnose problem economically, trial and error can cost, same as engineering, you are very helpful,Andy

set the fan away and use a multimeter set on resistance across the terminals

one is no one is nc one is common they are usually marked :D

Looking at your first post the boiler ignited then shut down, so it's passed fan proving and passed pump proving, is it shutting down at flame proving? Does the ticking noise of the spark ignition continue all the time flame is lit right up to when it goes out and boiler locks out?

If so Clean any electrodes you see near the burner, check contact of the thin (HT) leads between the electrodes and the pcb. Check leads themselves. Check polarity of mains if a new instalation, obtain manufacturers instructions and follow flow chart from here on in.

is this the one with the burner thermistor?? they can play up sometimes

no, it only has a spark electrode and oxygen depletion sensor in combustion chamber, model is vokera compact 24, is this a good boiler, thanks for your help, Andy

Am looking at the parts list for the boiler. Can see an air pressure switch and a fan. Burner has a spark electrode by no ODS. See no reason why a sealed chamber boiler needs to have an oxygen depletion sensor.

Once the fan is running, air pressure switch changes over. This action results in gas valve opening at a low rate and spark at the elctrode ignites the gas. The flame is sensed by the circuit, which then removes the spark and gas rate is ramped up. If (already mentioned by another poster) the spark is not disconnected in some 10 seconds, boiler will lock out

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back