heatline combi lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
heatline combination boiler s24/s30 compact 3+ years old

Hi guys

my problem is a lockout on CH and DHW- the CH will run 1/2 to 1 hour then lockout- the DHW completely locked out- bar is 2 1/2-The only changes made recently is the removal of a radiator up stairs and a flushout and refill of the system-pump is running (in boiler)- rads vented.

any ideas

many thanks

Sponsored Links
ok, what lock out light is flashing as this would help to track down your fault. also is the boiler making any noise

its the flame or gas failure light that flashes, although the boiler does ignite temporarily, as the heating sometimes comes on after reset.
there isn't any unusual noise, the boiler has always ran quietly

2130 hrs update boiler will not fire up, complete lockout, flame failure light flashing.

HELP :eek:

ok there is a quite a few thinks that could cause that fault :LOL: from more like to unlikely

1. The flame sensor probe is buggered
2. The spark gen is not working (so does not ignite the gas)
3 gas valve is gone (no goes coming through)
4. pcb gone
5. you have no gas going to the boiler(gas valve shut or meter is faulty)
6.. the boiler is wired wrong(live and neural is wrong way around…very unlikely tho)

Some info need like when you the boiler is trying to light up does it spark but no flame lights or does light but goes out if a few seconds or no sparks but there is gas there.

What you really need is a corgi engineer to look at it, no easy fixes sorry

Sponsored Links
thanks for your reply :)

I shut the system down before I went to bed (didn't want anything nasty happening while asleep)-------turned boiler on this a.m. used DHW ran a small bath for 5 mins water went cold ----flame gone out------red light flashing----CHECK BURNER IONSATION PROBE OR GAS FLOW says the book----but it has fired up and turned off------fan and pump run----bar 2----if you know a good corgi in the Southend on sea area i'll be grateful

ps Mehran your right, after getting my head around the problem it is a gas flow fault. the supply to the boiler is good (ie gas cooker works so gas supply is good)--- because it fires up now and again I'm guessing the gas valve works and there is ignition--- so it must be a sensor giving negative information to the PCB--- or the PCB is faulty---still need a corgi to test though :(

it is a bit hard to pin down a fault like this with out standing in front of the boiler.

gassonic what part of the country you live? If you live to me in the north east I may be able to help you. As I am a service agent for heatline

or is you really stuck you could always phone heatline and get a number for your local engineer

Its a pity the site does not require people to put their ( correct ) location in their profile.

Ideally also their email in case anyone wants to get in touch.

Tony

Sorry, live in midlands. I have re-started the boiler, think somebody had been tampering. If fault persists, will ring heatline as you suggest,
Thanks,

Hi.

I am having the exact same problem with the same boiler.

It worked occasionally, but less and less often, and stayed on for less time each time.

\it now does not fire up at all. I have replaced the gas valve, and still it is not working.

(there is perfect gas supply to the valve)

Anybody got any further ideas on this as it seems a few people have experienced this issue, someone must have found the solution.

Any help greatly appreciated

How about one of the three of you phone a engineer in and find out :rolleyes: that would be a solution :LOL:

i not saying the three of you don't have the same problem but it just as easily be three different problems

Hi.

I have replaced the gas valve, and still it is not working.

Anybody got any further ideas on this as it seems a few people have experienced this issue, someone must have found the solution.

Most of the professional boiler engineers on here will have dealt with these kind of faults.

However, I would refrain from giving advice to someone like you who changes a gas valve when you probably dont have the skill or equipment to set up the new one.

You dont just change a gas valve! It has to be set to the right parmeters to suit the boiler. Most CORGI registered people dont know how to do that either!

Giving you advice would be inappropriate!

Tony

Hi guys

I've been working in bedford past week without internet. I went to Heatline HQ (bedford) saw an engineer trainer he also suggested getting someone round to check the sensors and pcb. he did tell me if I needed to replace the boiler to go to B&Q who sell a heatline under their own brand (a condensor) for £400 -------I do have a heatline man coming on monday, I've paid £140 + vat :( :eek: to have boiler fixed, no matter what the cause. I will post the fault as soon as I can after the repair, I won't be there (just the Missus) so I will not see whats being done.

good luck all :)

Yes please let me know what the outcome is. I can then buy the parts required and my CORGI FREGISTERED MATE who fitted the gas valve for me, can do the rest for a few pints!!

I can then buy the parts required and my CORGI FREGISTERED MATE who fitted the gas valve for me, can do the rest for a few pints!!

So you did not really fit it as you previously told us?

Hi.

I have replaced the gas valve, and still it is not working.

One would ask why your CORGI FREGISTERED MATE was unable to see what was wrong?

Did he set the min/max pressures on the new valve? Or is he one of the 70-80% who dont know how to do that? It could even be the only thing wrong with the boiler.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back