helstead ace combi lockout

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi can anyone help me with a helstead ace combi, it locks out the first couple of times on firing (especially when the boiler is cold) main on ch but sometimes on dhw.
I have change the flame detection electrode and lead but with no joy. The boiler fires but i think it continues to sparks before lockout. The flame rec probes have been changed recently and are correctly placed.

Could this be the pcb?

Sponsored Links
I have change the flame detection electrode and lead but with no joy. The boiler fires but i think it continues to sparks before lockout. The flame rec probes have been changed recently and are correctly placed.

Could this be the pcb?

could be you are playing with things you don't understand :idea:

you are in CORGI territory marra :idea:

want somebody to help you kill yersen it won't come from here ;)

BTW you can be as abusive as you want the flaming mod will only take it out ;)

Sponsored Links
I have one

this is NOT a DIY problem you must call a competent person in, a person who is proven competent inthe eyes of the law.

Preferably one who knows halsteads

Sorry but there it is

unfortunatly i am competent person - well im armed and dangerous with my corgi cert and acs but just lacking on experience especially with helsteads.

Tell me your CORGI number and I will tell you what I think is the problem!

Fair enough, got the wrong end of the stick but this is a diy site so you cannot blame us :LOL:

have you check for reverse polarity, Unlikly I know but wirth checking

also check the earth continuity on the boiler, this will cock up rectification.

if they are ok then I would have said it must be the board

am sure agile or kev can get more in depth than me but thats where I would start
:cool:

I dont really want to give out my corgi no out over the forum - but any advice would be must welcome thanks

checked the polarity and thats fine but have not checked the earth continuity cheers

'scuse me for saying so, but such things sound fairly basic and obvious things that a CORGI should know

depends raden, halsteads can scare people so that forget the basics :)

I doubt it is the earthing but it should be checked

Yeap your right but i am newly qualified and corgi aren't interested in your ability to fix things just that you work safely. All im looking for is advise from more experience people before i change unnecessary parts.
I have been taught leading up to my acs cover very little of what you need when you not in a mock up college bay

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back