helstead ace combi lockout

just go carefully gen and build your experiance up.

did you get no work place experiance if not how the heck did you attain ccn1 and cen1??

Sponsored Links
Yeah did have workplacement but didnt get much hands on exp, you get to bung the header tank, use the telegan, remove the fuse from spur and run up down the house. oh and check the vents

I am not familiar with the ace as such

what pcb does it use ?

and an important tip for a beginner

ALWAYS measure live with respect to neutral, NEVER to earth

Already learnt my lesson on the importances of dead checks a few weeks back when i got a belt after removing the fuse from the spur still getting 240v :eek:

Sponsored Links

unless your checking for polarity then

L to E around 240V
N to E around 0 to 20V

Boiler may lockout as flame rectification may not work on reversed polarity.

the polarity is fine checked that before replace the flame detection probe and lead but fault still presist

Think im going to have to change the board

Gasguru said:

unless your checking for polarity then

L to E around 240V
N to E around 0 to 20V

Boiler may lockout as flame rectification may not work on reversed polarity.

Which isn't what I said

Not sure what you mean Geoff,

Just making sure the newbie checks for other scenarios - have come across swapped L and N after diy re-wires.

Just checked Ace manual - worth checking ignition pressure as boiler uses cheapo gas valve ie no seperate mechanically adjusted mod coil. It may go widly out like the glow. compacts and similar.

I was trying to get the general point across which I come up against time and time again where I get a fitter who says he has e.g. live to the fan because he's measured it ny putting one probe on e.g. the frame and swears that the fan doesn't work (live to fan - it doesn't work, it's broken). I put it on the bench and test it and show them ... they've measured wrt earth not neutral

What you're saying is correct, but I'm trying to get across a more fundamentl point to someone probably new to it and trying to point him in the right direction

Ain't a guru for nothing ;)

And another bit of advice for newcomers - know what your measuring with your digital meter - they have a very high input impedence and its easy for users to come up with meaningless figures under no load conditions.

A clue:

Thanks for that job in E. Dulwich a few weeks back (Lnyx playing up)
All sorted including the 3 gas leaks!

Aha ...

Yes, I was thinking of mentioning the dangers of high input impredence of a meter, but then, getting too complicated doesn't help either

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back