vokera mynute 12-48 rse stops heating system after 2 - 3hrs

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
OK..

i switch on my boiler and the central heating works well for 2 - 3 hours, but eventually starts cooling down. The boiler keeps running, but is just not heating the system.

If i switch it off then on again, it works for another 2 -3 hours, then starts cooling..

The pressure is fine, the thermostat is set to just above mid level.. it's worked fine for the last 12 months, but now i have this issue.. any ideas?

Sponsored Links
Last night, on switching on the boiler, it would fire up, then within 30 seconds, the flames would die...

This morning, the boiler kicked in at 6am on the timer and did not die, but it took about an hour to heat up the heaters, which eventually began to cool.

I upped the system pressure - the recommended pressure is between 1 adn 1.5 bar, which i had it set to reach when the system was running at full steam.. I spoke to a local plumber who siad that the pressure should sit at just over 1 bar when cold... it rises to over 1.5 bar when running but thats ok apparently. problem solved.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back