Vokera Option boiler, red flashing light, no heating!!

:eek: How exactly does the manual say you have to kill yourself?

Sponsored Links
not sure!!, have rung vokera and taken out their insurance for £288, as after reading this will prob need it!!! man coming out today to have a look and hopefully fix, will let you know!!

just my luck,the engineer who was suppose to be coming out has gone home sick, could be waiting up to a week!!!

The vokera option has a water pressure gauge behind the outer case.
If the water pressure in the system drops below 1 bar the amber light comes on to warn the the pressure has dropped, once you top up the system above 1 bar the light goes out. If the pressure drops below 0.5 bar the red light comes on and the low water pressure switch cuts the boiler out. You need to pressure the system until the red and then the amber lights go out. If you are doing this on a regular basis you must be loosing water from the system

Sponsored Links
yep thats what was happening first yellow then red, then I would fill up with water again and this would kick the heating back in, but I've tried this and nothing, also its a red flashing light this time without the yellow, before it was still yellow and a still red light.

yeah!!! engineer came round and heating is fixed said problem was air had leaked out of the expansion vessel, repressurised with foot pump, sorted!! it will be a warm christmas, thanks to all the replies!!! :D

Read your problem with sympathy. Do you know how to get to the valve to the expansion vessel and what the pressure is set at?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back